i recently got a schecter Damien elite 7 string guitar and want some suggestions for bands or songs to try it out with. thanks
Check out some Nevermore - River Dragon Has Come and This Godless Endeavor perhaps.

Also maybe some Dream Theater such as The Glass Prison or A Change Of Season
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Planet X!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Thanks!

also, anything easier would be nice too haha im not super ultra crazy good yet
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
You could play songs by bands that use really low tunings on 6 string guitars, too!

indeed i can! any suggestions?
I think Buckethead plays in B standard on a 6 string sometimes. (:
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Enihs

I think that every Type O Negative song is in B, although they aren’t always tabbed that way. There’s some great stoner metal in B. Check out Bongzilla if you’ve ever wondered what Sabbath sounds like played at tempos slower than some metronomes can tick. And don’t forget about how much fun you can have with a capo on the b string—you’ve got easy access to C, C#, D and D# tunings.
Quote by Enihs

I don't know a whole lot of bands that play in really low tunings on 6 stringers... I can think of a few in drop B:

Bring Me The Horizon
Parkway Drive
Attack Attack! (they also play in Drop A and have a song in Drop G)

I know that A Day to Remember has a few songs below drop C... then there's Slipknot which plays pretty low down there. I think

Most of the bands I listen to are in Drop D, Drop Db and Drop C. I have no means to own a 7 string.
Trivium
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Play some Korn for lulz and nostalgia. Play it drop A and transcribe the other strings, shouldn't be too hard. Similarly you can play some Slipknot if you transcribe the other strings the opposite way.

Don't really know many beginner 7string songs really.
Nile! They use Drop A on 6 strings.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I don't know a whole lot of bands that play in really low tunings on 6 stringers... I can think of a few in drop B:

Bring Me The Horizon
Parkway Drive
Attack Attack! (they also play in Drop A and have a song in Drop G)

I know that A Day to Remember has a few songs below drop C... then there's Slipknot which plays pretty low down there. I think

Most of the bands I listen to are in Drop D, Drop Db and Drop C. I have no means to own a 7 string.

my situation is similar, but i figured hey ill get an extra string for more opportunities. xD
Quote by Pat_s1t
Periphery is great fun to play on a 7, really catchy riffs and unique leadwork. Try "Icarus Lives", the opening riff is one of my favourite riffs of all time.

+1 Bro, just got into these guys today, they're amazing.

Totally original stuff.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Korn!!!! :d
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
If you're still getting to grips with the 7-string, I would suggest Lacuna Coil. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but basically, they use pretty standard progressions and riffs which aren't terribly fast or complex and play as if they're using a 6-string; it just so happens they're actually using sevens. So they're a good way to ease yourself into 7-string playing, if you're still battling with the wider neck and whatnot.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'm no 7 string aficionado, but I know Jag Panzer, Nevermore, Korn, older Deftones, and newer Trivium all use 7 strings
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
emmure and after the burial use sevens idont know your skill lvl but atb is worth a shot
Check out a guy named Keith Merrow on youtube. He plays instrumental metal. Good Stuff bro.
^This
Pillars of Creation!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
joe bonnamassa- ballad of john henry. joe uses a 6 string tuned way down to B, but you'll have no problem with it. great song too
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey