hey. im looking to buy a new top end amp head. the tone im looking for is "linkin park - a 06", "celldweller" "blue stahli" "styles of beyond" ill post some links of the exact tone im looking for. i heard some people say the top end line 6 heads maybe "line 6 spider valve hd" looking forward to peoples responses
oh also another perfect example would be "birthday massacre - looking glass". but yeah this and linkin park a 06 is exact what i want
i have never tried a spider valve but.... after my experience with my spider i would just say stay away form spiders........ um... try some bugera amps? for the price they are very nice and they have all kinds of styles.
oh course i may just be opinionated about the spider cause of my terrible experience with it but the top of the line stuff might be good.. idk.. but i dont plan on buying any more line 6 stuff...
thanks for that ill have a research at bugera ones. its a shame i cant fid any top end line 6 heads to try out at shops

i got a pod x3 live bu i cant rly say anything sincr its meant for effects and not guitar amp tone
try a mesa boogie and feed a EQ pedal through it, i think that should really do that tone well. Line 6 amps are good (only referring towards the top end) and offer alot of variety and pretty good tone, its great bang for the buck since it has great varity but if you're going to spend that much why not save a bit more and get a great tube head like mesa.

good luck in either case
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
no doubt that is a mesa dual rec. very bass heavy power chords. birthday massacre is an amazing band btw.

and linkin park also used the dual rec on there first albums, same with celldweller, another amazing band.
Quote by dareheaven
i got a pod x3 live bu i cant rly say anything sincr its meant for effects and not guitar amp tone

um... no
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
@surface54
how did you know celldweller used that, i was trying to look for celldwellers setup couldnt find anything :/
Quote by dareheaven
@surface54
how did you know celldweller used that, i was trying to look for celldwellers setup couldnt find anything :/

Celldwellers gear

now i must tell you that before i read this just now, i knew by ear it was a dual rec, only one amp can go that low in the power chords and just sound amazingly thick.

just did the search now in google and behold i was right.

http://www.google.com/search?q=celldweller%20mesa%20dual%20rec&hl=en&ned=us&tab=nw

here is his gear

Hardware:
Solid State Logic AWS 900+ Console
Mac 2.5 Ghz Quad G5
Mac Pro Intel 8 Core
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo
Macintosh Classic 1MB RAM & 40MB HD
Pro Tools HD3
Adam P33A Monitors
M-Audio BX8a Monitors
Apogee Big Ben
A bunch of crappy Windows machines to kick when I'm bored
3 Avalon VT-747
2 Avalon U5
Teletronix LA2A
3 Neve 1073 Channels
2 Empirical Labs Distressors
2 Solid State Logic XLogic Super Channel
Universal Audio 2-610
M-Audio Axiom 61 Controller
Roland Juno 160
Roland Juno 60
2 Sequential Circuits Prophet 600
Korg VC10 Vocoder
Access Virus T.I.
Access Virus b
Nord Lead 2
E-MU E4XT
Korg MS2000
Radikal Technologies Spectralis
Dave Smith Evolver
Moog Voyager
Sherman Filterbank
Some Drums
Some Guitars
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head
Soldano Head
Some Basses
A bunch of pedals for blowing things up
Kaoss Pad
I'm sure there's more around here somewhere...

http://www.fixtstore.com/page/21/celldweller
@surface54
awright thank you, ima do deep research in that then

do you think theres anyway to get a marshall jvm410 to sound like the sounds i showed u? maybe through an equilizer or something?
Quote by dareheaven
@surface54
awright thank you, ima do deep research in that then

do you think theres anyway to get a marshall jvm410 to sound like the sounds i showed u? maybe through an equilizer or something?

marshalls have a special upper mid voicing. getting near that will be tricky and the end result i think will be more rock sounding than metal. even though people say the JVM is great for metal, it still retains its rock roots and is no where near as grindable as a dual rec or 6505.