Hey everyone,

I'm happy with the setup on most of my guitars, but my Gibson Flying V needs some work. Here's a picture of how it is currently setup:

There are two things in particular that I have wrong with the way the guitar is setup: one is the Maestro Tremolo System, and the other is that the tuning pegs are meant for a one-sided headstock (and the dude I got it from didn't install the locking tuning peg on the low E for whatever reason, he left the Gibson one). I don't like how the tuning keys look, but they at least work and so they aren't my main concern at the moment. I really hate the Maestro. You can't do any sort of theatrics with it because you can barely push it down a half-step and pulling up raises the note perhaps a full step. Its just a piece of shit.

Enter, the stetsbar!

You can install these into the old bridge routing used for the stop-tail bridge, and viola! A working tremolo system equivalent to a Floyd Rose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVR4_G0w3IY

I am seriously considering buying one of these and having it installed, and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. I love the Floyd Rose I have on my ESP, and the Maestro simply isn't cutting it (especially since I find it cumbersome and annoying). If anyone has any experience with them then post here and let me know! I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

When I get enough scratch I will replace the tuning pegs with locking Sperzel's, but that might not happen quite yet.

(Disclaimer: I searched for stetsbar threads and none of them were as detailed as I would like, so I made my own.)
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
I installed one on my Gibson Les Paul Classic and they work great! No tuning issues and they provide a decent drop, great for traditional tremolo. However if your going for "Dimebag-esque" dives and wails it might not be able to handle that type of punishment...

Highly recommended, only downfall is the steep price, but for what it's worth, the versatility it added to the guitar makes it well worth it in my opinion.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Thanks Mark!

Bump for the evening crew.
Axes: