I love the crunchy rock sound like the kind that Bad Company has, but Ive never been able to come close to it. I assume my guitar and amp are the major reasons, I have an Epiphone EM-2 and a Line 6 Spider II 15 watt, but I don't see why I can't at least come close? Without buying a new guitar or an amp above maybe $400, is there any amps, pedals, or just EQ settings that I can use to come close?

Please don't post things like "everyone likes different sounds, just keep trying." I know everyones taste is different, but just a suggestion of what you like is better than nothing at all.
volume man...gain at 4 or 5 and crank that puppy. but seriously that amp doesn't move much air, definitely upgrade that first
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
blackstar ht5
orange tiny terror
marshall haze
vox night train

all cheap tube amps, but totally depends on how much you want to spend
Try a marshall with crunch balance fairly high and mids past the treble. maybe a bit of reverb as well? Bass: 6 Mids: 9 Treble: 7 Crunch balance 8 Reverb: 2-4?
You can get a badass bugera tube combo amp for right around $400 and bugera's are pretty sweet amps
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by soulsablaze
You can get a badass bugera tube combo amp for right around $400 and bugera's are pretty sweet amps

The JCA SAS linked to will blow the Bugera away in terms of crunch.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs