Hi, I´ve studied my theory now for a while, and i´ve studied websites like musictheory.net and so. I´ve also taken a course in school. (is it named course? im swedish haha)

well anyway, do you got any tips on a area i can go deeper in, or learn more. All the useful theory that will help my songwriting and guitarplaying

thanks
Without you telling us what you already know, we have no idea what you need to learn.

And yes, "course" would be the right word. You could also say "class."
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
hmm, well i could say i know whats covered in musictheory.net. I know basic chord theory. bout the triads, and i can find out what notes is in like a B13 chord or any chords like that and so. and i know inversions.

Basic Scale theory. Like major, minor, pentatonics and blues theory. know a little bout Dorian and mixolydian cause we covered it in the class.

intervalls. And i know some chord progressions and cadences. and also we studied some ear training in class, with rytmh and melody and chords.

Not so great on harmony. but know a little.

Sight reading im not good at, but i know how to read notes.

Well.. hmm, kinda messy but hope it helps ..
Quote by Pettah
intervalls. And i know some chord progressions and cadences. and also we studied some ear training in class, with rytmh and melody and chords.

Not so great on harmony. but know a little.
It seems like this is what you need to focus on: Chords (and notes) and how they interact/function. You know, harmonic analysis and all that good stuff (which just so happens to be my favorite part of music theory ). Do you know how to harmonize the major scale and stuff like that?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jul 25, 2010,
Well, you can learn a whole bunch of theory by learning jazz and classical music on guitar, then going back and breaking down why different things work.
I have a ton of pretty deep theory stuff related to application at my forum site (not much of a forum, just a memory chest so to speak): http://mikedodge.freeforums.org/one-off-lessons-and-concepts-f2.html?sid=39b02d394101c7fa1968d58c3a9f3c5a

There are breakdown for songs and many theory concepts.
You can consider going deeper into music theory by exploring the modes: Ionion (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8); Dorian (1, 2, b3, 4, 5, 6, b7, 8); Phrygian (1, b2, b3, 4, 5, b6, b7, 8); Lydian (1, 2, 3, #4, 5, 6, 7, 8); Mixolydian (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, b7, 8); Aeolian (1, 2, b3, 4, 5, b6, b7, 8); and Locrian (1, b2, b3, 4, b5, b6, b7, 8). It’s also important to understand the usage and chords associated with these modes, for example. The I chord formed by Mixolydian is a Dom 7th chord – 1/3/5/b7. If you are composing in a dom 7th progression, you can explore using the Mixolydian scale. The other example is Lydian. You’ll notice the #4, which gives it a very distinctive sound. The basic chord that comes to mind is the I major 7 #11.

Aside from music theory, you can consider harmony. You can learn about chord substitutions, constructions, intervals, counterpoints etc. This will help greatly in songwriting, composing and even with your instrument. For example, if you write a song and trying to figure out what chords to use instead of your basic I/IV/V. You can use simple substitution the ii minor chord with the IV major or vi minor with the I chord.

Check out other theory and harmony classes at your school.

Yoke Wong
Take Your Piano Playing To The Next Level
http://www.YokeWong.net