I'm on a low budget, pretty much $400 or under, and i want a higher wattage amp (40+) so I'll obviously need a solid state. I'd like one that has a nice crunchy rock tone and comes with a footswitch because i can't afford many pedals. Any suggestions?
one never needs a solid state...
Guitars:
1991 Fender American Stratocaster
2008 Dean Ml '79

Amps:
Egnater Tweaker
Fender G-DEC 15

Pedals:
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop 535Q Chrome Series Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
Ibanez TS-808
Save up and look into a low-ish watt tube combo. A Bugera V22 looks exactly like what you want.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
well I was looking for one that I could use for both pratice and small to medium gigs
22 watts would still be giggable, how much clean tone stuff will you need it for?
Yeah, basically any Bugera will work. Check around for deals: I got my Crate V50 212 for $300 new because it was on clearance.
You need bandit tone.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I want to make amends. You DON'T want that amp he's "demoing." He's making it look like he's using it but he isn't, he's just making fun of how bad it is. It's just another MG.

You don't HAVE to get a solid state, a 20 watt tube amp is more than you'll ever need. With 400 bucks you can get the JCA20H and perhaps a used 2x12 if you save some more.

Do not settle for less when spending that kind of cash, get your moneys worth.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.