Page 1 of 3
I saw a study once that showed enjoying metal was related to higher levels of creativity and intelligence.

So, several?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i used to be, i still kinda am, but ever since i really got serious about playing music i kinda just stopped playing video games, reading manga, etc
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Most of the intelligent people I know like music with more layers than pop music offers, and metal tends to be fairly layered. Now, a lot of nerds aren't any more intelligent that other people, they just enjoy recreation that uses intelligence.
Quote by sashki
Like, most of them? All the cool kids listen to indie and hip hop.

+1

Metul is sh1t d00d.

If ur kewl u liek indie.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
*tentatively raises hand while looking around the room*

edit:

Quote by SteveHouse
I saw a study once that showed enjoying metal was related to higher levels of creativity and intelligence.

Do you remember where you saw that? I'd be interested to read it.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Last edited by incarnation at Jul 25, 2010,
I'm a metalhead, but i'm giant nerd as well. I love sci-fi, fantasy worlds, lord of the rings, star wars, etc.

and i'm a fucking sith lord.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by junk yard metal
how many metalheads here used to be nerds?

multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Yeah, as soon as I started wearing a cape, horned helmet, a loincloth, and began listening to Summoning, I stopped being a nerd.
guilty as charged... i'm still a nerd. the main difference now is i play a guitar that makes most of the people i went to school with go when they see it (8 string V's do this). and i train in MMA, but im still a nerd.
i'm Ginger its fun
I am everything said above me. Nerd/metalhead for life.

Quote by Greendayfan16

cool story bra.................somebody doesn't like Christianity, who woulda thought?

Quote by NickGiovanni
Lol, This is Sig worthy my friend, Kudos to you and your wise-ass-ness
Quote by Fiddelers elbow

10 used to be nerds. The rest of them are nerds.

Let's face it, there's gonna be a lot of nerds on an internet forum. The less nerdy types generally have better stuff to do, like communicate with real people in real life.
I'm a nerd, who listens to metal and dresses like an indie prick.
I hate how narrow minded people are, insisting you can only be one, and nothing else
Well I'd definitely say I fall into the 'nerd' category. While I enjoy listening to heavy metal I don't really feel like I can say I'm a true 'metal-head'.
Quote by Sparky-MMA
guilty as charged... i'm still a nerd. the main difference now is i play a guitar that makes most of the people i went to school with go when they see it (8 string V's do this). and i train in MMA, but im still a nerd.

*looks at pic*

I don't believe you.
Quote by The_Sophist
Most of the intelligent people I know like music with more layers than pop music offers, and metal tends to be fairly layered. Now, a lot of nerds aren't any more intelligent that other people, they just enjoy recreation that uses intelligence.

'Layers' was definitely the wrong word to use there

Riffs don't have layers
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I hate the term 'metal-head' however I do enjoy listening to some forms of metal and no I don't have a life.
Quote by incarnation
*tentatively raises hand while looking around the room*

edit:

Do you remember where you saw that? I'd be interested to read it.
It would be easier just to suck your own dick.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Bearded_Seth
*looks at pic*

I don't believe you.

don't believe what... that picture was taken when i was 17 years old. I'm now 20. and have no other photographic evidence of my existence other than that :/

i apologize
i'm Ginger its fun
Yep, i'm definitely a nerd. I still have friends, a girlfriend and enjoy a good rave here and there, but definitely a nerd.
Quote by duncang
'Layers' was definitely the wrong word to use there

Riffs don't have layers

You know what does?

Ogres.
nerds are too smart to listen to hip hop so yeah most are into metal I'd say. The only people who listen to rap are white kids who desperately want to be cool/black, or black people who feel it expresses their culture.
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
Quote by element4433
It would be easier just to suck your own dick.

Touche.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Quote by slight☼return
nerds are too smart to listen to hip hop so yeah most are into metal I'd say. The only people who listen to rap are white kids who desperately want to be cool/black, or black people who feel it expresses their culture.
If nerds are too smart to listen to hip hop, you must listen to hip hop all day, everyday.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by slight☼return

I love metal, but really? I listen to Eminem, 3Oh!3, and some other hip hop, you just can't compare the two genres. I'd like to see a metal song with vocals similar to a rap song. And not nu-metal.

Anyway, I have a straight a's and I like metal. So I guess I would be a nerd/metalhead
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Page 1 of 3