Poll: What's worse?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's worse?
HIV/AIDS from birth
33 62%
HIV/AIDS from sex
20 38%
Voters: 53.
Okay Pit monkeys I have a question for you guys.
What do you think would be worse, being born with HIV/AIDS, or contracting it from a sexual partner?

I would have to say that being born with it is worse because there's nothing that you can do about it. You just have it.

I'll have a poll up in a minute.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by uk.mace
But you can't do anything about it once you've contracted it either...
I'd say contracting it from having sex, because then it's at least partially your own fault.

But getting it from birth means that you had nothing to do with it, and you're doomed to a lifetime of suffering because of something that was completely out of your control.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Well seeing how i'll never contract it from a sexual partner, i'll have to go with being born with AIDS/HIV.
Sail upon the open skies
It's hard to say which is worse because you're comparing AIDS to AIDS.

I voted "birth" but now that I think about it, getting it via sex is worse. You were healthy, and it could have been prevented, but you dun goofed. At least when you're born with it, you don't have as much to lose.

EDIT: On the other hand, if you get it from sex, then at least you got to have sex. If you're born with AIDS, no sex for you.
Last edited by sashki at Jul 25, 2010,
I would rather have it from sex. Either way, you will have it, So I guess it's better to obtain from having sex if you had to choose. But maybe that person didn't know they had AIDS? And then they feel guilty and commit suicide? Maybe I read too much into this pointless and strange question?

EDIT: yeah, I have no real answer I guess. I just don't know.
Last edited by Scissortooth at Jul 25, 2010,
If you got it from sex, well, at least you got something out of it.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Oh my god the ignorance.

You can have sex if you have AIDS. If you conracted it from birth, it'd be treated right away. but y'know, less life expectancy. If you catch it from a partner, it could go untreated for however long.
They're both as bad as each other. It'll still kill you. AIDS is AIDS.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Birth.

If you get it from sex, it's your own damn vault.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
If you're born with it, chances are that you find out early in life, and it becomes just a part of your life before you reach your adult life. To find out DURING your adult life that you have it seems like it would be a more troubling realization, and it would probably spark more acts of fear, anger, and panic before acceptance occurs, if it even does.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by BeefWellington
They're both as bad as each other. It'll still kill you. AIDS is AIDS.

I know that. What I meant is what would be harder for you. Having AIDS from birth means that it's not your fault, and that you have to suffer because of someone else made a mistake, whereas when you get it from a sexual partner it is your fault. So while AIDS is AIDS no matter what way you look at it, I still think it's worth thinking about.
Quote by L2112Lif
Contracting it from a partner. You'll also have to live with the guilt that your horniness basically killed you.
EDIT: Also, if you were born with it you'd probably grow up learning to accept it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 25, 2010,
This thread has made me wonder why UG doesn't have a which would you rather thread

OT: I don't know. Both would suck immensely. I think sex because then you have to explain to people what happened, and that would be difficult.
Quote by uk.mace
But you can't do anything about it once you've contracted it either...
I'd say contracting it from having sex, because then it's at least partially your own fault.

That

Dont be silly, wrap your willy.
AIDS is bad no matter what.

How you get it is irrelevant.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Definitely from birth. If you're not specifying at what age you get it from sex, you could have many healthy fun-filled years first.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
You have it no matter what regardless of the situation. This thread is dumb.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all