I'm looking for a clean boost pedal to push a Strat-> TS808 -> Fender Blues Deluxe.

I'm looking for a Joe Bonamassa/ Eric Johnson/ Recent Clapton tone but i don't want the pedal to add its own gain or tonal colouration. I have a absolute max budget of £150 but would much prefer it to be under £100.

MXR Micro Amp?
Carl Martin Kick Boost?
Quote by NobleT
I'm looking for a Joe Bonamassa/ Eric Johnson/ Recent Clapton tone

Ok, what you''re looking for is...
Quote by NobleT
but i don't want the pedal to add its own gain or tonal colouration.

...wait, what? you want a pedal that will make you sound like those guys, without changing your sound

Do you know what you want? if you want a straight ahead clean boost, don't get a MXR micro amp. it adds a it own little dirt once you get it past 11 o'clock. get something designed to be a truly clean boost. The Lizard Legs flying dragon boost is phenominal. it's the cleanest boost i've ever heard. Boss BD2s, MXR/CAE boosts and Visual Sound true tones are nice alternatives if you don't feel like dropping $170 on a clean boost.

If you want the big, meaty, 1000-pound violin sound, get a nice compressor (like an MXR custom comp or a Jacques fat burner) and a good Fuzz Face clone. If the fuzz is good enough, you might not even need a compressor.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Xotic BB Preamp for sure.

Nah, it's not the best booster for your money. Great OD unit, very amplike and smooth, and it works as good as most boosters out there. But he doesn't need the OD aspects of it. Better off with an Xotic EP Booster.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
You kind of need a boost or another OD with some color for those tones. Your set up doesn't lend itself to them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you really don't want any tone colouration, the Kick Boost should be fine. It will drive the amp loudly and result in a healthy amount of gain.

If you can already reach the tones that you want with your Hot Rod, but feel the need to give it a 'kick' for solos, by all means, get the Carl Martin.

If, though, you need more gain at lower volumes from your Hot Rod to hit Clapton levels, then a boost will not supply that. You will need an overdrive pedal with a separate gain knob.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
If you really don't want any tone colouration, the Kick Boost should be fine. It will drive the amp loudly and result in a healthy amount of gain.

If you can already reach the tones that you want with your Hot Rod, but feel the need to give it a 'kick' for solos, by all means, get the Carl Martin.

If, though, you need more gain at lower volumes from your Hot Rod to hit Clapton levels, then a boost will not supply that. You will need an overdrive pedal with a separate gain knob.

Great advice (above)

Should have mentioned I am looking for a clean boost for solo's and the Ts808 i have will provide me with gain. The Carl Martin currently tops my list.