Page 1 of 2
So, fellow Pitmonks...

How would you fancy being Amish?

Now, I know that Amish can't drink booze, have wild sex orgies, or watch tv, but think about it...

They work hard, they keep busy, and, generally, don't seem bothered by material possessions, and seem to have good morals.

Not sure about you, but it sounds half-decent.

Also, I'd look fly with a black hat.

Go pit, go!
Theres some show gonna be on British telly where they flew over an Amish family to see what life is like in the real world.. It's highly ironic that they even accepted to do a TV show.
I'd throw myself under the horse plow.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Theres some show gonna be on British telly where they flew over an Amish family to see what life is like in the real world.. It's highly ironic that they even accepted to do a TV show.

Yeah, and other Amish communities were getting really angry over it. I'm just thinking, How the fuck did they even know????

edit: The Amish are so rude, too. I was just trying to snap a photo, but they kept shielding their faces and running away.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Bearded_Seth

Nah, they're allowed to ride in cars and watch TV so long as it's not where they live. They just can't own cars and what not.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I live in a town with MANY Amish people. They're nice, but they seem very ignorant of everything.

I like how my life is now thanks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Looks like a good way of life, except for the whole hyper-Christian thing. And no beer? That's just madness.
Someones been watching Channel 4. But nah, not for me, their values are respectable though.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Yeah, and other Amish communities were getting really angry over it. I'm just thinking, How the fuck did they even know????

I'm pretty sure that they still send messages via the Pony Express.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Yeah, and other Amish communities were getting really angry over it. I'm just thinking, How the fuck did they even know????

I just watched the first episode...shit was funny. Got put with a load of South London chavs and got walked around their estate being told stuff like "Uh, I think it was round the back of this house....dude got shot in the head". I couldn't stop laughing.
I don't see what problem anyone could have with a fairly quiet, highly religious and highly peaceful group of people who've largely gotten on with their lives for a few hundred years .
Can you be an atheist amish? Or an Amish Atheist? Does that exist? Isn't it only a religious thing though? They do interact with other people who use technology though, right? How many more questions can I ask before you stop reading this? What's toast all about? Toasted bread....Wow! Awesome! Excellent! Whoo!
Quote by Vendetta16

I came here to post this
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I don't see what problem anyone could have with a fairly quiet, highly religious and highly peaceful group of people who've largely gotten on with their lives for a few hundred years .

It's not that theres a problem, but the highly wrong TV show airing is what I think is ridiculous.. I look quite highly at the Amish ways, working for the community and together.. I just don't buy into that God crap. Oh and getting rid of music and TV.. I'd probably die from boredom.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Agree

o_O

Anyways it's the no electricity that gets me. No way could I got without electricity.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
As long as I can have a guitar, and some pot I would be fine.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I live like 3 miles from an amish community.

Nice people but they reek of ass and the horse and buggy road hazards can get frustrating.

The lack of electricity and my own insomnia would make it near impossible for me.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Last edited by Next Hendrix at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
As long as I can have a guitar, and some pot I would be fine.

Swap the guitar for a violin and I'll agree with you.
Quote by Philip_pepper
So, fellow Pitmonks...

How would you fancy being Amish?

Now, I know that Amish can't drink booze, have wild sex orgies, or watch tv, but think about it...

They work hard, they keep busy, and, generally, don't seem bothered by material possessions, and seem to have good morals.

Not sure about you, but it sounds half-decent.

Also, I'd look fly with a black hat.

Go pit, go!

Sounds like hell to me.
Sail upon the open skies
I would live in an Amish community for a week or two, just to learn and experience something much different than my way of life.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Heh, whenever I think of Amish now I think of Seth Green.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
nah, I'd miss the wild sex orgies too much
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by willT08
I just watched the first episode...shit was funny. Got put with a load of South London chavs and got walked around their estate being told stuff like "Uh, I think it was round the back of this house....dude got shot in the head". I couldn't stop laughing.

They really aren't chavs.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Try driving around horse and buggies going 5 mph over hilly terrain and crazy amish guys doing three lane u-turns in the middle of state roads.

Lancaster county is nuts
I can stand being without technology, just me and my cello or guitar for about two months. Then I need to check up on stuff. I do like dropping off the radar and growing my beard from time to time though.
...In my opinion.
idk but those hideous dresses and black sneakers the women wear....
i look too good in jeans
jk
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Swap the guitar for a violin and I'll agree with you.

You wouldn't make it in an Amish community. You would have no way of listening to Rush.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
One time I saw a video of a weird al concert. It was all 12-14 year old boys and one of their parents
Hell no! it would be horrible!
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
I'm already Amish.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I live in an area with a high number of Amish people. They seem nice enough, but I couldn't live their way of life. I'd miss technology too much.
I can work hard and have good morals without giving up the conveniences of modern life.
Also, I'll probably live longer.

If an amish person gets sick or injured, are they taken to a normal hospital, or does someone in their community try to heal them? Do they have amish hospitals?
Page 1 of 2