Hi, hate to post my 57th idiot question topic here in the past month or so, but on my Tune-O-Matic-equipped Vintage SG, the little thing you can move forward or back to adjust your intonation which the string goes on before it goes into the stopbar(saddles or something? I've got no idea in hell what they're called...D=) on my high E string jiggles a little bit sometimes, and 1)it digs into my hand sometimes when I play, and 2)it's hurting my tuning a little. I've noticed there's little screws down on the bottom of the bridge, but I'm not quite sure what they do so I never touched them yet. Anyone know if this is easily fixable? Sorry again for my idiocy, I've got little to no experience with fixing bridges...
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
They are called saddles. The hand-digging thing is inherent, and as far as I know it's not easily fixable. Maybe there's a problem with your stringing, but I think you need a new bridge.
The intonation screws should be facing the headstock so the strings don't touch them.

As for cutting into your hand, that's just the way the bridge is. If you really don't like it, Ibanez has their Gibralter bridge which is supposedly very comfortable, though I haven't personally played it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by sonic_777111
They are called saddles. The hand-digging thing is inherent, and as far as I know it's not easily fixable. Maybe there's a problem with your stringing, but I think you need a new bridge.

Crap, really? I figured it'd just be a little tightening involved, the other ones are fine. And my Dean has a TOM in it, that one never digs into my hand. D= Hm...would a gold one cost more than a chrome one, BTW? *has a thing for red, gold and black*
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
the little thing that move back and forth are called saddles, the screw is what you turn to move the saddle forwards, when adjusting the intonation, as far as the "jiggle" and it cutting into your hand, that`s one of the pitfalls of cheap hardware..... better quality toms are cheap enough