Anyone catch it?

As a Sherlock Holmes fan I was pleased by it. I thought the actors were suited to the roles in it and I was pleasantly surprised by the involvement of Mycroft. The use of modern technology was also great and I am looking forward to it next week.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
damn, i missed it, but i saw an interview with one of the actors on 'Something for the Weekend' this morning, said it was actually really close to the books
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
I thought it was brilliant. The Sherlock character is fantastic.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Loved it!! really didnt have high hopes for it but wow that was amazing... im a huge sherlock holmes fan and i will defo be watching next week!
Really good, I always like it when the detective is so good at deduction.
Loved the case and the Mycroft twist. The actor is really good too.

The modern setting works really well too
sounds gd
i'll iplayer it later
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Did He Get The Right Pill Or Not Dammit. >.<
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Was awesome, didnt think it'd be that good. Did anyone else see a Doctor who influence in the sherlock character at times?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Was awesome, didnt think it'd be that good. Did anyone else see a Doctor who influence in the sherlock character at times?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe something to do with it being written by Stephen Moffat?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Shredx

yes... it's the same writer though i think
i didnt even know about it

off to iplayer!
now extra flamey
It was great. I heard it would be, and I wasn't disappointed.

This is why the BBC is one of the best broadcasters in the world.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by garfgarfgarf
SPOILERZZZZZ

I was a tad disappointed with the ending. I was hoping the serial killer would convince the captured to 'play the game' in a slightly more imaginative way than pulling on a gun on them. Apart from that I was pleasantly surprised.

END OF SPOILERZZZZZ

Sherlock Holme's actor has a beautifully awful name - Benedict Cumberbatch I'd be ashamed.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by that. I thought that he maybe held a child hostage or something
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Someone send me a link or something to read! Love Sherlock Holmes. Is it as good as the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett from the 80s?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Best thing I have seen on TV in a while. Going on holiday next week so will miss the next couple of episodes, thank god for iPlayer!
I've read all of the Sherlock Holmes books other than Casebook and Valley of Fear, I saw this advert and was concerned whether the BBC could pull off having him set in modern day, and I was surprised that they did.

I was also surprised at the involvement of Mycroft, Sherlock's older and wiser brother.

I look forward to the other 2 instalments

PS. I wasn't surprised that they nicked the 'rache' part from A Study In Scarlet.

PPS, I wonder if the BBC will release any books like when they released books along side the Doctor Who series.
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Jul 25, 2010,
I've never read any of the books so I don't really care about the stolen bits
hello
It wasn't bad at all, though some of the attempts at making it all modern (texting all the time, the blog) grated a bit.

Some prime Gatiss/LoG material in there though; head in the fridge and the scene at the start of episode 3 is exactly what I'd expect in something by him/them.

WEBBDIT: Nothing's stopping them from making a second series.
Last edited by webbtje at Aug 10, 2010,
No, that's the point of updating it: loads of adaptations whore out the whole Victorian theme, and seem to spend more time on it than the actual story buried in the setting. Updating it shows the stories can still be relevant with a bit of minor tweaking.
Quote by webbtje
No, that's the point of updating it: loads of adaptations whore out the whole Victorian theme, and seem to spend more time on it than the actual story buried in the setting. Updating it shows the stories can still be relevant with a bit of minor tweaking.

+1

The new series has been absolutely fantastic IMO. It almost seems certain that there will be more. IIRC, each episode had around 8 million viewers.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by webbtje

Truth.

Also: ARRRRRGGGHHH!! ****ING EVIL BASTARD CLIFFHANGER!!
I absolutely loved it. The actors were pretty much perfectly chosen for their roles and there were plenty of chuckles, mostly because the script writing was top notch. I love the way Benedict played the "I'm a lot smarter than you and I know it" type Sherlock.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
My mum watched it so I caught bits of it. It looked pretty cool, I might have a look through the whole thing at some point. Although, when I wasn't paying a lot of attention I kept thinking Allan Rickman had made his way onto my TV.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I loved it to pieces, I heard that it's getting a prime time slot in America or something though. Not sure if that's true.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I thought it was okay, but i didn't like the format i think nine 30 minuet episodes would be more enjoyable even if they where the same three story lines split up.
liked it. and contrary to the person above me like the length. it's rare to find tv drama that'll hold your attention for an hour and a half.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by josh999x
I thought it was okay, but i didn't like the format i think nine 30 minuet episodes would be more enjoyable even if they where the same three story lines split up.

Really? 30 minutes? It would be terrible even if the stories were split up.
1 hour minimum, but 90 minutes was definitely the best way to do it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO