Page 1 of 2
Admit it, you spend way too much time on the Pit masturbating. Don't you wish you can look decent enough to trick a girl into doing it for you? With her mouth?

Or maybe you're like me and you're just really lazy and can't be bothered to exercise.

I've been following this guy on YouTube named Philip Defranco. He started this personal project called Project: Lose an Olsen Twin. It's basically his efforts to live a healthier lifestyle. And being the popular guy he is, he's invited his many viewers to join him. So now, people all over are losing (or gaining) their own Olsen twins.

I thought maybe pit monkeys can join this effort, too. We can make our own exclusive club (or something not as gay) of out of shape people getting into shape.

What makes Defranco's project so good for other people is because he updates people on his progress and his mishaps. And other people are doing it, too. Making your efforts accountable, I suppose, motivates you.

I'm hoping this place is where we can do the same. Maybe we could start our own projects into leading healthier lives, update and support each other, and celebrate each other's progress (or, again, something not as gay). This will be our Getting in Shape Support Thread!

Hopefully, it'll be like that. Or you can just troll the shit out of this thread and not do anybody an favors.

Here's a link to Defranco's video blogs. Check it out if my explanation of the whole project didn't make sense. (They're the ones with PLOT on the title)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhilipDeFranco

Oh and he has pictures of hit chicks there as well.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Last edited by kikaykitko at Jul 25, 2010,
I'm fine with being a little spherical
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Exercise Thread. Derp de derp.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by kikaykitko

Hopefully, it'll be like that. Or you can just troll the shit out of this thread and not do anybody an favors.

Now that sounds more appealing than all this...exercise *shudders*
You had me at "trick a girl to do it, with her mouth"

Then I realized I was already on a workout plan, and very close to that.

And you lost me

Good idea though.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by guylee
Looks like a cool stuff, but this really should be in the nutrition thread

Yeah but this isn't really to tell people what to eat per se or how to work out. I guess it's to encourage people to share there efforts to becoming healthier and encourage other people.

I mean, personally, I get more motivated to work out myself when I hear about other people doing it and actually getting results.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by valennic
You had me at "trick a girl to do it, with her mouth"

Then I realized I was already on a workout plan, and very close to that.

And you lost me

Good idea though.

Lol that's awesome though! How's your plan working out for you? I mean, not using the "How Close I am to Getting a BJ Scale". >.<
Quote by Jackal58
So... im really thin,how can i gain weight/ muscle mass really easily?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by kikaykitko
Lol that's awesome though! How's your plan working out for you? I mean, not using the "How Close I am to Getting a BJ Scale". >.<

If such a scale existed...

Very well actually, its been a long and hard road *no pun intended*, theres nothing easy about it. The running, the working, none of its easy stuff. Because no matter what people tell you, it does get worse, and it does get harder, until you're finally where you want to be. And it takes forever. This is the final stretch of literally, a two year plan =/.

But, it is working

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Stop saying "LOL EXERCISE THREAD"

I think this is a justifiable idea, a thread to keep track of people in the Pit getting fit.

The exercise & nutrition thread is there for questions essentially.
I'm already in pretty good shape.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by ProphetToJables
So... im really thin,how can i gain weight/ muscle mass really easily?

There's no easy way to gain weight/muscle in a healthy way. I would suggest getting some exercise to speed up your metabolism and that should stimulate your appetite. Other than that, there are plenty of guides that approach it in a more scientific way that you may find helpful.

Quote by valennic
If such a scale existed...

Very well actually, its been a long and hard road *no pun intended*, theres nothing easy about it. The running, the working, none of its easy stuff. Because no matter what people tell you, it does get worse, and it does get harder, until you're finally where you want to be. And it takes forever. This is the final stretch of literally, a two year plan =/.

But, it is working

TWO YEARS?! Holy shit, how did you keep at it?
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by darkcheef
The doctor said I needed to gain weight, all I do is eat and lay down though

You would gain weight but also increase your chances for illness. Working out, even just walking around frequently would do you good. Not to mention make you gain weight faster since muscle weighs more than fat. And you'll feel so much better!

EDIT
Proof: I weighed more when I was going to class since I walked pretty much all day than I did during summer break when I ate three times as much but laid around all day.
Quote by Jackal58
This is some pretty cool shit, I may try now getting into shape - I've been talking about it for months, but actually start this time!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by kikaykitko
There's no easy way to gain weight/muscle in a healthy way. I would suggest getting some exercise to speed up your metabolism and that should stimulate your appetite. Other than that, there are plenty of guides that approach it in a more scientific way that you may find helpful.

TWO YEARS?! Holy shit, how did you keep at it?

Determination and self loathing

And determination THROUGH self loathing . I hated how I looked so much, **** all was going to stop me from getting fit. At this current rate I'm going at, I'll have a fit, muscular bod within the next 3 months. You should also mention to everyone in this thread, diets are bullshit, and it's helpful to get a gym membership

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by will123456789
This is some pretty cool shit, I may try now getting into shape - I've been talking about it for months, but actually start this time!

I won't lie, the hardest thing is getting started. I'm at that same place, just starting out. But little changes add up and I'm slowly getting used to working out and being conscious of what I eat. That's what works for me.

What have you been thinking of doing so far?
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
You would gain weight but also increase your chances for illness. Working out, even just walking around frequently would do you good. Not to mention make you gain weight faster since muscle weighs more than fat. And you'll feel so much better!

EDIT
Proof: I weighed more when I was going to class since I walked pretty much all day than I did during summer break when I ate three times as much but laid around all day.

I took weight lifting last year, but I 15 pounds because of that.

I'm just going to do my regular pushups, situps, pullups, etc. Because I hate running
Quote by valennic
Determination and self loathing

And determination THROUGH self loathing . I hated how I looked so much, **** all was going to stop me from getting fit. At this current rate I'm going at, I'll have a fit, muscular bod within the next 3 months. You should also mention to everyone in this thread, diets are bullshit, and it's helpful to get a gym membership

Wow, that's pretty harsh actually. But I'm glad that got you through. You should be our poster child for successful and productive self loathing.

And you're right: DIETS DON'T WORK. Starving yourself will make your body go into survival mode and radically decrease your metabolism. Working out is the way to go. If you're starting out like me, start small workouts like walking around. Then work your way up.

Quote by darkcheef

I'm just going to do my regular pushups, situps, pullups, etc. Because I hate running

You might have been burning more calories than you were taking in. Body weight training sounds like a great idea. And if you don't like running, that's totally cool. Just make sure you get some form of cardio! Let us know how your plan works out ^_^
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
Wow, that's pretty harsh actually. But I'm glad that got you through. You should be our poster child for successful and productive self loathing.

And you're right: DIETS DON'T WORKING. Starving yourself will make your body go into survival mode and radically decrease your metabolism. Working out is the way to go. If you're starting out like me, start small workouts like walking around. Then work your way up.

hHarsh as in mean? I didn't mean it that way if thats how it came out.

thats an interesting poster child to be

Yes, this. You can seriously eat whatever you damn well please so long as your caloric intake is LOWER than what you're burning. Thats how you lose weight. If you wanna burn fat then obviously avoid junk food, but past that, you can eat what you like.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
hHarsh as in mean? I didn't mean it that way if thats how it came out.

thats an interesting poster child to be

Yes, this. You can seriously eat whatever you damn well please so long as your caloric intake is LOWER than what you're burning. Thats how you lose weight. If you wanna burn fat then obviously avoid junk food, but past that, you can eat what you like.

LOL I meant harsh on yourself.
Quote by Jackal58
there`s a fairly active and helpful excercise/nutrition thread, but whateva

anyways I've stopped thinking of working out as boring a long time ago. Once I started seeing results, I started working out a lot more, getting more comfortable with it, and one year later, eventually learned to enjoy it and even became almost "addicted" to weightlifting.

I think once you can approach it as a useful, healthy, and entertaining way to kill time- it becomes smooth sailing. My "getting into shape" is different from most people (I have high metabolism, so I have to eat like, 10 full fat-filled meals a day to really effectively "bulk up" at all) I admit, but I've just been getting loaded up on coffee and weightlifting for like, 2 hours straight at a time nowadays if I have nothing to do ahaha
Quote by kikaykitko
LOL I meant harsh on yourself.

Oh , yes, I suppose it is, but hell, it works

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by piratemetalhead
there`s a fairly active and helpful excercise/nutrition thread, but whateva

anyways I've stopped thinking of working out as boring a long time ago. Once I started seeing results, I started working out a lot more, getting more comfortable with it, and one year later, eventually learned to enjoy it and even became almost "addicted" to weightlifting.

I think once you can approach it as a useful, healthy, and entertaining way to kill time- it becomes smooth sailing. My "getting into shape" is different from most people (I have high metabolism, so I have to eat like, 10 full fat-filled meals a day to really effectively "bulk up" at all) I admit, but I've just been getting loaded up on coffee and weightlifting for like, 2 hours straight at a time nowadays if I have nothing to do ahaha

That's awesome! I hope I can get to that point sometime soon. Because I'm still seeing it as more of work than play, unfortunately.

I think anybody getting in shape will find out that it takes time to get into the groove of it, like everything else. So anybody out there, just keep at it!
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by darkcheef

Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by im not mental
i've already lost 5 pounds this summer.

Sweet! How did you do it?
Quote by Jackal58
I think getting some good workout music and a nice way to cool down afterwards definitly helps

and speaking of running, I've tried jogging in place in a fur jacket in in the summer for like, maybe a minute as a warmup (I dont like to spend too much time warming up lulz), and it suprisingly worked, though it looked stupid as hell
Quote by kikaykitko
Sweet! How did you do it?

started running a mile twice a week/going back to the gym.
Go Veg.
Quote by piratemetalhead
I think getting some good workout music and a nice way to cool down afterwards definitly helps

and speaking of running, I've tried jogging in place in a fur jacket in in the summer for like, maybe a minute as a warmup (I dont like to spend too much time warming up lulz), and it suprisingly worked, though it looked stupid as hell

LOL I'd pay to see that

Music is surprisingly good for working out. There's a study I read somewhere saying that people who listened to their favorite music did 10 more crunches than average.

Yoga is definitely a great way to cool down. Great for flexibility too.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by im not mental
started running a mile twice a week/going back to the gym.

Nice. Takes a lot of discipline to go to the gym in my opinion so kudos!

And I'd totally pass out if I ran anything close to a mile. I'm really out of shape atm.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
Nice. Takes a lot of discipline to go to the gym in my opinion so kudos!

And I'd totally pass out if I ran anything close to a mile. I'm really out of shape atm.

really a mile is not that long. i had started going back after 4 months of hard classes, then 1 month of doing nothing but smoking pot, eating like shit, and watching the world cup. my first mile back after 5 months of inactivity was 20 minutes, max. just pace yourself. and put on some good music too. that makes the time go by quicker imo.
Go Veg.
Quote by im not mental
really a mile is not that long. i had started going back after 4 months of hard classes, then 1 month of doing nothing but smoking pot, eating like shit, and watching the world cup. my first mile back after 5 months of inactivity was 20 minutes, max. just pace yourself. and put on some good music too. that makes the time go by quicker imo.

Thanks for the advice! I'm using an elliptical now bc it's way too hot outside. And I watch TV while I do it. Mostly cooking shows. Which I'm assuming isn't all that helpful.
Quote by Jackal58
the whole running with excess clothing thing works, man

and I think energetic music is what makes working out much less of a chore for me. And I try to save the eating like shit and getting stoned for right after my excercising, it's been my way to "cool down" these past few days (of course it's not healthy, but I'm trying to get big, not healthy )
I was going to go for a run today but a torrential downpour with gale force winds scared me off. My other option is a stationary bike, but those are lame. Instead I'll not ride a stationary bicycle.
Got 2 empty weeks while my girlfriend is away on holiday.
Writing, pullups/pushups/situps and 20-40 mins running on my sisters treadmill every 2 days is the plan for me

I really need it though
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
Damn, it's been a while since I kept up on sxephil. I'll definately look into this.
Page 1 of 2