Hello everyone.

I recently purchases a Peavey Valveking 212 after using a Line 6 Flextone II as my main amplifier for quite some time. As of right now this is my opinion of the amplifier and my experiences with it in the time that I have owned it. Please feel free to post any of your experiences or opinions of the amplifier.

Pros: The amp has a beautifully pristine clean channel. Seperate EQ's and Volume controls for the lead/crunch channels. The gain boost is pretty nice for getting that "metal" tone out of the crunch channel.

Cons: The texture control nob in the back seems to do nothing but adjust the volume...maybe its my ears? I don't know. The reverb SUCKS. The amp is NOISY. My NS-2 can only clean it up on its most extreme settings.

Else: I don't really know if I absolutely need to replace the speakers. They sound OKAY imo.

Let me know whatcha think.
I played the 112. The clean was OK, and the distortion sucked. Overly noisy and fuzzy. People say that if you upgrade the tubes and speakers it's a completely different amp. However, in that case you might as well get a 6505+ combo instead.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I feel the Distortion is okay as it is. Probably will replace the speakers and tubes down the road when I can justify spending the money. Anybody have any recommendations on getting rid of the noise?! The NS-2 seems to be overwhelmed by the amp. Maybe theres something else I can do?
I own a VK 112. The lead channel at extreme gain levels can be noisy with single coil pickups. I suspect the 212 would not be any different. The noise in my amp can overwhelm the noise reduction in my PodXT which is pretty much modeled on the NS2 circuit this is when it's in the effects loop. The ISP G-string noise reduction pedal is said by others in the Valveking MarkII thread to be worlds better than an NS2. The stock speakers suck donkey balls. Change them as soon as you can afford better ones. The stock tubes are not the worlds greatest. You either have Electro Harmonix or JJ's tubes in the preamp section, change them. Again see the Valveking MarkII thread or visit the Valveking wiki http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikispaces.com/ for speaker and tube recommendations.

Good luck.

EDIT: I have heard mention that the stock speakers when broken in can sound better. I did not have the patients for this and put in a Eminence Texas Heat.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Jul 25, 2010,