Hey.. I've been playing electric guitar for 3 years of my life, but recently bought a beautiful Crimson red Washburn off a friend. I've been learning good chord songs like Hero by Enrique Inglesias, Wonderwall by Oasis, Fade to black by Metallica, and others. I'm just curious.. What are some great easier relaxing chord songs you guys know?
Wish you were here- pink Floyd.

Quote by Greendayfan16

cool story bra.................somebody doesn't like Christianity, who woulda thought?

Quote by NickGiovanni
Lol, This is Sig worthy my friend, Kudos to you and your wise-ass-ness
hallelujah, jeff buckley
stuff from nirvana unplugged in new york
nutshell, don't follow a, alice in chain
betterman, nothingman, elederly woman behing the counter in a small town, pearl jam
under the bridge
if i think of others i shall let you know.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead
Walking After You by Foo Fighters
Miracle by Foo Fighters
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
Trains by Porcupine Tree
Unintended by Muse (edit: it's fingerpicked, so, never mind)
Heaven Beside You by Alice In Chains (although it has a part that's kind of tricky if you're going for acoustic-style)
Over Now by Alice In Chains
Mother by Pink Floyd
Angie by The Rolling Stones

And by the way, Krieger91, "into" is all together.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jul 25, 2010,
Yeah, I'm not really lookin for like finger strumming..(can't do that). So any Chord songs would be appreciated.. and thanks who posted
Wagon Wheel - OCMS
When The Sun Goes Down In GA - Corey Smith
Twenty One - Corey Smith
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
a little opera goes a long way by sky sailing: great song ,different tuning, easy to play, girl approved
RAWL
Jack Johnson!

Alice in Chains has some great acoustic stuff too, especially nutshell and the other Jar of Flies stuff. Daughter by Pearl Jam also fun if you don't mind the tuning.
wish you were here - pink floyd
heartbeats - jose gonzalez
fade to black - metallica
stairway to heaven - led zeppelin
michelle - the beatles
yesterday - the beatles
hurt - johnny cash
street spirit - radiohead (it can be played on an acoustic and sound just as good)
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
90% of Jack Johnson, and 90% of Slightly Stoopid.
Check out "Upside Down" by Jack Johnson, and "Collie Man" by Slightly Stoopid.
I wouldn't say that either of the two artists play stuff that are "easy" to play, but they do play stuff that's great to learn and progress with.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...
Quote by sickman411
Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead
Walking After You by Foo Fighters
Miracle by Foo Fighters
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
Trains by Porcupine Tree
Unintended by Muse (edit: it's fingerpicked, so, never mind)
Heaven Beside You by Alice In Chains (although it has a part that's kind of tricky if you're going for acoustic-style)
Over Now by Alice In Chains
Mother by Pink Floyd
Angie by The Rolling Stones

And by the way, Krieger91, "into" is all together.

1st Bolded Song: That song is more so depressing and whatnot than soothing...I still like it though.

2nd Bolded Song: In the studio version is fingerpicked, but if you watch practically any video of it live he plays it with a pick, which works...and fingerpicking is pretty fun, and this is a good song to learn it with.

I suggest Any Jack Johnson, James Taylor, "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis, "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead, A bunch of Coldplay stuff.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Anything by My Morning Jacket

http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci