Announced two days ago that the AFD 100 would be a limited run.

http://www.afd100.com/blog/production-run-confirmed/

They're keeping it to 2300 and are going to include "a selection of AFD accessories".

To me this sounds like it's going to get expensive. Yet they released the 2555sl for $900 way back when. So what do you all think? I'm not particularly an amp expert so feel free to give some input here.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
it better be a lot of amp. you can get a lot of amp for 2300
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
^That. You can get a used SLO for that much. Or a used Marsha. Or a used 800 to have modded by Caswell himself.

EDIT: Misread the post. If it's around $2.5k it's not worth it unless you're a collector.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 25, 2010,
With all the rabid slash fans throughout the U.S., let aalone the world, they're gonna jack up the price.....but if it's less than 2 grand, i'll be impressed
^ Agreed which is the sad part Seeing as how Marshall wanted to make this amp "So people can experience the sound".

I'm hoping its somewhere near the low $1000 range but some will just call me a dreamer

There's no way in hell it'll be in the $1000 range. Marshall's gonna charge a shit ton for them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You all misread that. They're relasing 2300 amps. Seeing as the regular JCM800 RI is about $2,200, this amp will undoubtably be at least $2,500+, with it being a signature model with extra features and the fact that it's a limited run, even less than his original heads.

Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I mean, they (marshall) goes through all this trouble with the research, testing, marketing, hype, yadda yadda yadda, so that people who missed out on the first run of amps can have a chance to own a Slash signature, and then they go ahad and decide to make it a limited run.

I liked the way Kerry King put it. When he tried to get one of the ZW JCM800s, even he couldn't get one, and he actually knows Zakk Wylde and Marshall personally. So when he made his amp with marshall he wanted to make sure they wre produced in a big enough batch so that everyone who wanted one had a chance to get one.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 25, 2010,
For the $2500 price range I'd much rather pick up a used Jube. IMO it'd be more worth it seeing as how quality just isn't what it was years ago.