http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10757014

As much as I dislike Theresa May and her cronies, I've got to admit I think these things are decent ideas.

Main ideas are:
-Scrap various police agencies
-Start a 'British FBI'
-Scrap local police authorities
-Elect police commisioners (One for each force, they decide who gets the money)
Last edited by TEK34 at Jul 25, 2010,
Oh what a ****ing terrible idea.

What they need to do is change ****ing priorities and increase training. The "police" around where I live target teenagers smoking weed rather than people burning down peoples houses.

They are mostly all overweight and some are even less intelligent than the people they are catching.

1: Increase training. Make the smarter. More athletic. Take away tasers and give them guns with rubber bullets.
2: Give them better equipment. Atm I imagine them to be watching the outside of a pub rather than catching criminals.
3: Some of them are just pure thugs. I was threatened to be arrested because me and a bunch of mates were kicking a bottle of coke on an empty road. We were "resisting" police authority because I ran across the road to pick up the bottle and run back to my friends who were standing at the bright yellow hope of the nation.
4: Cut down on funding for somethings, yes. In all honesty cut out some funding to the drug trade. IT'S A DEAD END DEPARTMENT. There will always be a drug trade! And they're smarter than the police!
5: Cyber police? Don't get me smarter. You can't regulate something which has no definative source. The internet comes from around the world. You can only regulate organisations who use the internet in Britain, not other places.

TL;DR: Get more better trained officers out there instead of changing the organization.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
a better idea would be to kill everyone.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by boreamor
Oh what a ****ing terrible idea.

What they need to do is change ****ing priorities and increase training. The "police" around where I live target teenagers smoking weed rather than people burning down peoples houses.

They are mostly all overweight and some are even less intelligent than the people they are catching.

1: Increase training. Make the smarter. More athletic. Take away tasers and give them guns with rubber bullets.
2: Give them better equipment. Atm I imagine them to be watching the outside of a pub rather than catching criminals.
3: Some of them are just pure thugs. I was threatened to be arrested because me and a bunch of mates were kicking a bottle of coke on an empty road. We were "resisting" police authority because I ran across the road to pick up the bottle and run back to my friends who were standing at the bright yellow hope of the nation.
4: Cut down on funding for somethings, yes. In all honesty cut out some funding to the drug trade. IT'S A DEAD END DEPARTMENT. There will always be a drug trade! And they're smarter than the police!
5: Cyber police? Don't get me smarter. You can't regulate something which has no definative source. The internet comes from around the world. You can only regulate organisations who use the internet in Britain, not other places.

TL;DR: Get more better trained officers out there instead of changing the organization.

It is an organisational change, but I think it is a step in the right direction. I'm not sure of the extent of the changges (they should become clear tomorrow), but it looks to me like commisioners would have the power to cut spending on drugs and dedicate that money to training, for example.

One thing I don't like is electing the commisioners though. The general public knows f*ck all about crime.