I wrote a film soundtrack type song last night.. It's not quite finished yet but I would like to hear what you all think so far. It's called Revival. I used Miroslav Philharmonik and EWQL Stormdrum for this one.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/chad120/music/play872809

C4C
Thanks,
chad
Check out my music on my profile
Last edited by chad120 at Jul 26, 2010,
Is all of the song completely your own work? Cause damn it sounds good .
nice work dude, what did you use to make it?

EDIT: nevermind. i jumped the gun and when straight for the link
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
sounds brilliant, i like the ending the best
Gear
Guitars
Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Gotta love Stormdrum that's what I use on alot of my orchestral percussion pieces that or the stuff that actually comes with EW Symphonic Orchestra. Although I really like the composition here, I really think musically it evokes to very separate feelings. At 1:18 it completely changes direction and albeit, its not a bad thing I just think the two don't meld well. My personal opinion if you were to take both pieces separately and expound upon them as their own compositions I think they would both be very strong. Just my thoughts brutha, good work tho

Edit! Chad I threw up another piece if you'd like to check it out...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Omega6762/music/all/play872448
Last edited by Omega6762 at Jul 25, 2010,
Omega6762: I completely understand where you are coming from. The scene i thought of in my head was of a soldier coming back to life, getting stalked, and fighting.. I probably should have mentioned that haha. Otherwise, it does sound kind of weird.

Thanks everyone who commented!
Yeah thats the thing with these kinds of pieces, You have to know the picture inside the head, or most commonly in this case on screen...Still good stuff tho man
Yeah exactly haha. I left a comment on the new song on your profile, by the way. I also uploaded a remastered version of my song
The new mix sounds alot better man, I like how you can hear that choir so much better now...That and I dunno if you listen to them at all but the C# Minor piece seems to have a cool Kamelot sound to it, in any case, keep up the good work
I really enjoyed this! I wasn't aware of the internal "story" behind it- about the soldier- when I first listened, but it makes sense now. You really get a sense of the rebirth of someting with the first minute of music, but the second doesn't really make alot of sense w/o the story in your head. It isn't particuarly "reviving". That said, I really like the drum sound, and the contrast between the two parts, so it's all good!

Wish I had something more constructive to say lol
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
Great composition! I'd love to hear the rest you come up with. I got the chills when the kettledrums came! Everythings flows well and it's really tense, which I enjoy. Good listen, keep it up!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Cool song! The drop off around 1:17 seemed a little sudden to me, but I can see it working more with some visuals. The scoring was really well done, great melodies and everything! This is something that I've been wanting to learn how to do for long time, if you have any tips I'd love to hear them!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro