ok strange question but im sure that im not the only person that has ever had this problem

any ideas what websites (uk based) i can get a hard case for my les paul from???

i have a epiphone prophecy so it has 24 frets instead of the standard 22 frets and i didnt think this would be a problem until i got a case today, bought it home and tried to get my guitar into it.... it didnt fit

so yeah... any ideas?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
i would do but;

1. i dont have a case to take it it
2. the only other one they had was a £100 one that had
"Gibson" written along the side of it

i wouldnt want to turn up anywhere with that case and just pull out an epiphone (even if it does sound ALOT better than quite alot of gibsons i have heard)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
yeah but this is my point, its not hard to find a case for a LP but im just wandering if anybody knows about one that DEFIANTLY fits a 24 fret LP

i have emailed GAK about that one but i havnt had any reply yet
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
a standard case should fit it, there is a bit of room at the top of each of my les paul cases.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Why not try to find a case for an LTD EC-1000 (or similar)? Same basic design and it has 24 frets...
Quote by Smcash
Why not try to find a case for an LTD EC-1000 (or similar)? Same basic design and it has 24 frets...

the ec1000 has a thinner body, i wouldn't do this.

ring up the local store and ask them what they have in stock? most stores have lp cases in stock. skb, roadrunner etc...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What about trying to find a case from a Les Paul Axcess? They're not 24 frets but the extra room needed for the slightly longer neck (due to the Floyd Nut) may h\give you enough room, but I can't say for sure.
Look for a Gator case. Gator cases almost always have extra room. I'll send you a link, idk if you can see it since you're in the UK, but this one almost undoubtedly works.

Gator GWE-LPS Harshell LP-Style Guitar Case
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator-Gator-GWE-LPS-Harshell-LP-Style-Guitar-Case-546209-i1167664.gc

The reason I'm sure that it works is because most LP cases have a 39.25" length, and this gator case has a 40" length.

You may thing .75" is not much of a difference, but the standard cases don't work, so isn't it worth a shot?

EDIT: even better yet, here's a Gator GL-LPS Lightweight LP Style Guitar Case
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator-GL-LPS-Lightweight-LP-Style-Guitar-Case-546107-i1166514.gc

Doesn't look as good, but it has a 42" length. If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 25, 2010,