a friend of mine told me that taking the backplate off the back of a stratocaster and just leaving it so you could see the springs would make the guitar sound better cause it would improve the tone.
is this true or is it bull?
if it is im curious as to why lol
Have no clue if it makes the sound different (which I doubt completely) but I'm sure you could probably screw up your guitar. He's probably messing with you.
I had the back plate off and it didn't screw up the guitar, but it probly will do a sum total of jack shite to your tone.

Clapton's blackie didnt have a back plate so its not gonna screw it up. As for tone, i have no idea.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
won't change the tone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Come to think of it, I don't think any of the early stratocasters had a backplate. They probably just put it on to avoid damage. Earlier they probably kept it off because it was easier to change strings that way, and to keep the price down.