hey so im trying to get started with recording. im gonna go to college majoring in recording. but for now, im a pro tools noob. i was tryin to figure out what im gonna need to have a working system...as in, if i buy one of their interfaces, is that all i need? also, what are the advantages of the 003 models versus the M-box. last, is the Eleven system guitar only, or can i record everything with that? cuz they are advertising it as a guitar system... thanks
I use the mbox mini.

I can help you but you need to be a tad more specific on everything.

But for basics you need an interface and the program, the Mbox includes those things so it's a good place to start.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
okay, if i want to record stuff for my band and perhaps other people's bands in the future, will the mbox be adequate? reading about it, it seems really weak compared to the others. i wanna make sure i dont get it and regret it. i went to a friend's house...he doesnt use pro tools...but he has recording stuff, and hes running cables through tons of boxes and stuff, so my first question is whether the interface itself and the software is all i need to be able to record. i dont need anything else? then, im asking as to what the differences are between the mbox models and the 003, besides the price. what about the 003 makes it better. last, i was wondering whether the new Eleven model is guitars only, or whether it functions just like the others, only aimed more at guitars
i want less expensive, but i have no issue paying the money for a good system. i dont want cheap sounding, which every time ive heard something line 6 ive thought it sounded cheap. i definitely want pro tools quality
Well if you want to record a whole band you will need a larger box so you can mic everything. The Eleven Rack was designed to be used in pro tools but i do not know if it also works as an interface. And music recording is pretty tricky, your friend may not use pro tools but it's still a good idea to ask him for some help on setting everything up because it's fairly complex.
Lets jump in a pool

okay, thanks.
as for recording a band, every thing is still gonna be recorded seperate. drums would be the only thing that requires more than like, 2 mics
Quote by lmpguitarist
okay, thanks.
as for recording a band, every thing is still gonna be recorded seperate. drums would be the only thing that requires more than like, 2 mics

yea if you want to mic it properly, but what i do instead of drums is use my midi keyboard.
Lets jump in a pool

does that turn out well? idk...i have trouble imagining a keyboard sounding good as drums...mainly cuz i know for a fact it cant sound like a guitar well, even tho some people believe it can
Quote by lmpguitarist
does that turn out well? idk...i have trouble imagining a keyboard sounding good as drums...mainly cuz i know for a fact it cant sound like a guitar well, even tho some people believe it can

yea it sounds pretty good
Lets jump in a pool

pretty good or good? im really aiming for pro sounding...and i really am not gonna settle for less than that haha
Quote by lmpguitarist
pretty good or good? im really aiming for pro sounding...and i really am not gonna settle for less than that haha

you couldnt tell the difference
Lets jump in a pool