Ok.. so I'm thinking of putting my guitar on the wall to save some room in my bedroom.

I know that doing this means that my guitar will be with all the nice dirt that's flying around in here.

What do you guys recommend me do to keep my guitar nice and fresh?

What do you guys that hang your guitars on the wall do?

I'm just worried as my guitar is usually in its case when not in use :/

Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: What would you recommend to hang my guitar on the wall? Which wall hangers are the best?

Thanks
Last edited by kezbob2k7 at Jul 26, 2010,
I hang all my guitars on my wall, and none of them get particularly dirty up there :/

Why would yours get dirty? Whats this dirt that flies around your room?
It's no different than having it on a stand.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
If you're using it regularly you probably won't notice any difference. If you let it sit you might get a little dust on surfaces that face up, it's really not a big deal.

Unless you live in a dry climate. Then you might have trouble with warpage due to drying out. I had this happen when I moved from Miami to the mountains of Virginia, but that was with an acoustic, for an electric, You'll probably have no problems.
I was going to say the same thing as Mishax. If you mean that they'll get a bit dusty, then just take a nice cloth and wipe it down a bit before you play or every week or two.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
using any good polish, string cleaner, and fretboard cleaner should keep it in good condition.
before you put the hanger up check to see if the plaster on the wall is strong, as if the plaster gives up, you could be forking alot of money out at a luthier, and maybe even somewhere else
i live in a moist climate, so for my acoustics have this moister absorbing stuff. it works great, i cant even imagine putting my guitar away after i'm finished using it, i would be constantly putting it away and getting it out. yea i would put mine up on the wall but its not my house that im living in right now so i don't want to put holes in the wall, so for now i just use stands.
All of mine have been hanging for years with no troubles at all. You might have to wipe them down occasionally if you don't play much. Not to mention how freakin cool it looks to have a guitar center in your house! Remember though, it's the first thing people will see.. especially those thieves that come through the window. So if you have an expensive one you may wanna keep it cased and out of sight.
Thanks.. it's just like dust and general dirt and grime getting on my strings which I don't want mainly. My strings will end up lasting longer in a case than on my wall.

I just don't want to have to buy new strings ever 2 minutes because of the choice I made of hanging it up.

Any of you thought about the period of time that your strings last whether there in a case or not.
Quote by britishsligean
using any good polish, string cleaner, and fretboard cleaner should keep it in good condition.
before you put the hanger up check to see if the plaster on the wall is strong, as if the plaster gives up, you could be forking alot of money out at a luthier, and maybe even somewhere else

Just use a stud finder and mount the hanger on a stud
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Hanging them on the wall not only looks good but you can grab whichever one you want when you want to play. Having your gear set up makes it easier to practice, if they´re all in cases sometimes it´s like fck it I dont feel like setting this up I´ll do it later, but if it´s stairing you in the face you´ll want to grab one and start jamming.
guitar polish and a microfiber cloth.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What would you recommend to hang my guitar on the wall? Which wall hangers are the best?
I agree with Les Paul who said to take your guitars out of the damn cases and put them on stands where you can reach over and grab them. I have a studio and have about 25 guitars on stands...any of which can be grabbed and plugged in. 10 seconds to switch axes.

The same goes for wall hangers...easy reach means more play. You can get good wall hangers on Ebay dirt cheap from China.

I have 25 electrics... many for decades. None of which are the least damaged by not being in cases.
Hercules are the best in my opinion. I have all my guitars on the wall using them, works perfectly.
I'm an "in the case' guy but something you should consider when hanging a guitar is placement. If you're going to hang the guitar(s) up, make sure that:
The guitar is not in direct sunlight from a window

The guitar is not directly above a heat source

The guitar is not on an outside wall

This should help alleviate any climate issues that your guitar will now be exposed to......
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
I'm an "in the case' guy but something you should consider when hanging a guitar is placement. If you're going to hang the guitar(s) up, make sure that:
The guitar is not in direct sunlight from a window

The guitar is not directly above a heat source

The guitar is not on an outside wall

This should help alleviate any climate issues that your guitar will now be exposed to......

You must be just a wild type of guy. First guy to be invited to the party.
-remember to brush your teeth up and down.
Quote by kezbob2k7
I've heard the hercules ones are good... opinions?

great hanger.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I can vouch for Bespeco F15 Guitar hangers. I have 3 guitars hung up on these and have had no problems at all for the couple of years they've been up. I used longer screws than came as standard as the ones supplied looked a little short.

There was an interesting comment earlier about not using an outside wall. I assume this is because of environmental considerations. This is probably something to consider case by case. I use an outside wall in the UK with no issues whatsoever & would rather do this than hang guitars on an flimsy internal plasterboard wall. But then my outside walls are about 2 feet thick. In other houses in other climates I might make a very different decision.
Is there any danger in hanging a guitar just from the neck? At least one maker of a full support system claims there is.
Quote by Rt1Rebel
Is there any danger in hanging a guitar just from the neck? At least one maker of a full support system claims there is.

If there was a chance of damage would most music/guitar shops hang there stock on wall hangers.
Current Gear
Schecter Ultracure Robert Smith signature
Rickenbacker 330/6
CIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox AC30CC2X
I bought this and painted it flat black.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_182183-46-GAWC041PRY_4294855555+4294964195_4294933768?productId=1052077&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Gladiator_4294855555%204294964195_4294933768_

Then these.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_129719-46-GAWEXXSCSH_4294855555+4294964195_4294933768?productId=3117109&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Gladiator_4294855555%204294964195_4294933768_?rpp=15$No=15

Just like the guitar store. They make tons of stuff that fits in this track. I have small hooks for cables, and even a beer holder. It's a lot cheaper if you're going to hang more than one guitar, it will hold a crap load of weight.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Last edited by zeek7pc at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by Vialli
I can vouch for Bespeco F15 Guitar hangers. I have 3 guitars hung up on these and have had no problems at all for the couple of years they've been up. I used longer screws than came as standard as the ones supplied looked a little short.

There was an interesting comment earlier about not using an outside wall. I assume this is because of environmental considerations. This is probably something to consider case by case. I use an outside wall in the UK with no issues whatsoever & would rather do this than hang guitars on an flimsy internal plasterboard wall. But then my outside walls are about 2 feet thick. In other houses in other climates I might make a very different decision.

You're correct. Even in modern well insulated homes the temperature on exterior walls can be quite different during extreme weather. Here in Canada we can easily get -30 to +30 Deg C weather. Not so much of a problem in the UK of course.

For those of you who find it discouraging or troublesome to get a guitar out of a case in order to play I find that a tad lazy. I live in a two storey house (plus Basement) and unless I stored guitars on every floor, I'd usually have to go up/down a set of stairs to get to my guitar. When I want to play a little physical effort isn't going to stop me.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jul 26, 2010,