Hey folks!

I play GUITAR and my styles are Deathcore, Metalcore, Extreme metal, ect. and I currently have a line 6 Spider IV 120w . Now idk about you guys, but this amp has TERRIBLE tone for playing the kind of music that I play. So I decided to go out and buy a new amp that will supply me with excellent tone for metal. Im on a budget... anything less than 400$ is ok, anything less than 300$ is fukn perfect. Also note, it must be loud enough to play at shows so reasonably high wattages would be nice as well!
Last edited by tippyjamez at Jul 25, 2010,
you might be able to find a used peavey 6505+ 112 combo, alternativly you could look at a peavey vypyr 75
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Ampeg VH-140C is pretty much perfect.

This or a Crate GX-130c which is the exact same amp save a couple resistors and a name plate.

If you can't find either of those then look for a used Randall RG.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Peavey Vypyr 100.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
getting something for that cost is tricky. check out the bugera 333XL. i play similar music to you. its tube, and for a tube amp its reeeeally inexpensive and good quality. surprisingly, it has plenty of distortion.
You could check out a Bugera V22. Twenty-two watts should be enough for small gigs. It is a tube amplifier, if that is what you want.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
used 5150/6505 can be had for 600. I would save an extra couple hundred to get there, its worth it.

edit: actually the 6505 combo is like 600 new i think also.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by The3818919
You could check out a Bugera V22. Twenty-two watts should be enough for small gigs. It is a tube amplifier, if that is what you want.

That's not a metal amp.

Try a used Triple X Super 40. Should be around 400. Or a peavey ultra.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I suggest the B-52 AT. Its a pretty versatile amp and is high gain. I own it and I am satisfied with it. I can't afford an ENGL so it's pretty much the best amp I have played that was in my budget. I also like the 5150. If you want to hear the 5150 check us out at http://www.myspace.com/hazarmaveth. We both played through the same head and a cab with v30's.
You could go for a Bugera 6260 or 6262. I've played both as a combo and as a head, and you can get some great metal tones out of them. They're high wattage as well, so they have plenty of headroom for loud volumes. I would recommend saving up a couple hundred extra for a Bugera 626X or something similar, they can get VERY heavy, especially with an overdrive pushing the preamp.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Peavey Vypyr 100.

You're mean dude
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.