I perform with my band and we are a metal band and i previously own a Epiphone custom less paul silverburst, but I have been thinking of changing guitars or just getting a new one. I did my research and am keeping it under $1500 for the guitar. I didn't want to get one just based on my own knowledge and was wondering what you guys thought each guitar and which one i should get or not to get.
Could you give us some examples of what type of metal you listen to? =)
Ibanez, BC Rich and PRS have countless different kidns of guitars. We're going to need more specific details than brands.
You want a Floyd Rose?
Your amp?
Bands you want to sound like?
Neck profile shapes?
Body shapes?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I'm going to suggest a high end Ibanez S - which can do any number of styles well. They're super versatile if you equip them right. I've got an S2120XAV with a DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge, and I can play any style I want with it.

All things considered, unless it's about a trem or the like, focus more on how you use your guitar instead of what type of guitar you use. Most things that make a player's style distinctive don't come from gear.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
firstly which amp do you have because there's no point having a $1500 guitar with a $100 amp

secondly it helps if you name a couple of artists because metal is a bit vague
Either high end Ibanez or PRS Custom 24.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
for those who wanted more I got a Line 6 Spider III Amp and sounds shouldnt matter seeing how you can change distortions and tunings on both guitar and amp to sound somewhat simular to what you are mostly looking for
Last edited by crazydavef91 at Jul 25, 2010,
used custom 24. should be right about $1500.

wait...
Quote by crazydavef91
I got a Line 6

a line 6 what? model, don't say "line 6 amp lol".
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 25, 2010,
I can figure out what guitar guys, im just curious on your recommendations on the brands and which you would choose. If you know of any specific guitar of a brand thats fine
Quote by crazydavef91
for those who wanted more I got a Line 6 Amp and sounds shouldnt matter seeing how you can change distortions and tunings on both guitar and amp to sound somewhat simular to what you are mostly looking for

lol what?

Sound does matter when you're playing guitar. A lot, actually.

Hate me all you want, I don't care. But if you're not playing any other model than a Spider, then you should play some good amps.

If you're playing an HD or a Vetta or a Valve, then you have all rights to yell at me. But if not... All of UG has the right to yell at you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It is still necessary to know what your more into, 'cause I mean, if your that indifferent, what's all the fuss about which guitar to get then? But the first Heavy metal guitar within your budget then really on the effects, your amp and so on like you said, right?
Quote by crazydavef91
I can figure out what guitar guys, im just curious on your recommendations on the brands and which you would choose. If you know of any specific guitar of a brand thats fine

oops, i missed your edit.

my bad.

i'd say get a new amp first.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 25, 2010,
well yes, i know what you mean Offworld 93, different guitars/amps put off different sounds but like to me personally im not looking for a sound, i can come close to what im looking for using their own sounds.