I'm buying a shelter guitar either the omen extreme or Damien I have 400$ to spend on one and I'm wondering should I buy a used schecter out of a guitar center my local store that can order guitars for 400 used. What so you guys think I can get for 400 dollars on a schecter guitar?
I've seen Hellraisers go for $400 used at Guitar Center, but not very often mind you, only like 2x. You can find great guitars used if you have the patience to wait for them. At least, you can do much better than Omens and Damiens if you're going used.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I think that buying a used guitar is a very good idea. Guitars are always well cherished, and it's one of the few things you can by used and have great chances that your buying a guitar without any serious problems.

You can get guitars way more advanced if you buying it used, and if you get the opportunity to look and try it out before you buy it, then it's a great opportunity.
Schecter hellraiser for 400? Um it
Must be in bad shape for that price would my local music store have them or would I have to go to a guitar center
I don't know what was wrong with it, but it looked alright.

And you can't just go into a store and see it there, a store's used selection changes constantly, sometimes on a daily basis depending on how busy/popular the store is. Just look around online and see what's what.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I've seen Hellraisers go for $400 used at Guitar Center, but not very often mind you, only like 2x. You can find great guitars used if you have the patience to wait for them. At least, you can do much better than Omens and Damiens if you're going used.

+1
Quote by commykiller101
Must be in bad shape for that price would my local music store have them or would I have to go to a guitar center

There are currently 10 used hellraisers for under $400 on GC's used site. Some look to be in very good condition: http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm?page=1&sort=price&dir=asc&srch&category=37&q=hellraiser&startZip=&distance=100

You have to call the GC's in question to purchase and shipping is usually about $15. You may have to pay tax as well.....I've bought numerous guitars from GC's out of state and some charged tax and others did not (legally they should if there's a GC in your state). Anyway, they all come with GC's normal 30 day satisfaction guarantee and you can simply return it to your local GC (only losing the shipping cost).
Quote by commykiller101

I bought my C-1 Artist II used for $270, and besides from finish blemishes (definitely from the factory) and one scratch by the tone knob, it's in like new condition. They retailed from $600-$700... so I saved over 55% by buying used.

I can't see what the problem is there.