Page 1 of 2
Do you believe in anything supernatural? For example, things like magic, voodoo, etc. I think ghosts can definitely fit in that category, too. Or that there are certain things that have mystical powers. A lot of (if not, then all) deities can be considered supernatural. Maybe certain ideas or interpretations of Karma or reincarnation can be considered supernatural. And I also think the soul or spirits can be considered a supernatural idea.

I personally don't believe in anything supernatural at all. I don't think those kind of things can exist.

And I realize the term "supernatural" can mean many different things, so let's use this definition:
of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
Post away, gentlemen.
I believe that science has yet to explain everything. If thats what you call supernatural, then sure. But as far as the supernatural being explained by "trapped souls yet to cross the other side" no way Jose.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I refuse to believe in anything before evidence to support the existence of said "anything" is brought before me.
I wish magic was real.

But no, i don't believe in anything you'd consider supernatural
Sail upon the open skies
I have a Ouija board right beside me, though I think it's more of a sub-conscious experiment than a ghost telegraph...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
if the impending zombie hordes are considered supernatural, then yes.

other than that fervent hope of mine, no.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Craigo
See no reason to. It'd be pretty damn cool if something supernatural could be observed though, as well as interesting philosophically.

Well if it could be observed, would it remain classified as "supernatural?"

No not at all. But I would still get a little anxious if I had to spend a night at a creepy looking house or mental hospital.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
No, I don't.

As stated earlier in the thread, I need just a bit of evidence.

On a related topic, I am currently staying with my aunt. Whenever anything goes wrong (such as dropping food in the kitchen) she will blame the spirits in the house with all seriousness.
Quote by DirtyMakik
I have a Ouija board right beside me, though I think it's more of a sub-conscious experiment than a ghost telegraph...

Whenever me and my friends use one of those, I'm always the one who moves it and f*ks with everyone else
Science can't really explain everything right now. With that said, I don't think my dead grandmother is sticking around. In all honesty, do you want ghost-grandma watching you when you have your "alone time?" Didn't think so.
Future: Uncertain
End: Near

Quote by itchy guitar
I believe that science has yet to explain everything. If thats what you call supernatural, then sure. But as far as the supernatural being explained by "trapped souls yet to cross the other side" no way Jose.

+1
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I don't believe in the supernatural.

You mentioned karma which is interesting, and I think it is moderately accurate, but I think it can be explained without resorting to the supernatural.
No I do not believe in the supernatural. It does make for some good films though but that's it.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by RU Experienced?
I don't believe in the supernatural.

You mentioned karma which is interesting, and I think it is moderately accurate, but I think it can be explained without resorting to the supernatural.
Yeah, Karma is kind of iffy, and it's considered a lot of different definitions.
If you consider God to be supernatural then yes I do.
I also say that there's alot of things without being spirits, demons or whatever that are supernatural. The way I see it is that Science hasn't explained much yet. I know that there has to be more that hasn't been discovered yet.

I know some of you are probably wondering why I said I believed in God, and used Science in my post. I did that because I of course believe in God, but I also believe that science is very important in explaining things. So I guess a simpler way of saying that is that I believe that science, and God coexist because science is how we get a better understanding of Gods work.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Sure some things are yet to be explained by science.

Some "supernatural" "phenomenons" are just downright silly, though.

Edit: Also, "supernatural" is a dumb word. If it exists, it can be considered "natural".
Last edited by Zeropathic at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by The Madcap
Yeah, Karma is kind of iffy, and it's considered a lot of different definitions.

I had the typical western interpretation of karma in mind ie. if you do good deeds good things will come back to you, if you mistreat people bad things will happen to you. I didn't think of the different interpretations of karma.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I had the typical western interpretation of karma in mind ie. if you do good deeds good things will come back to you, if you mistreat people bad things will happen to you. I didn't think of the different interpretations of karma.
Yeah, that I personally think is a supernatural idea (maybe, it's probably a little debatable. I definitely don't believe in the idea itself, though).
Quote by RU Experienced?

I don't think of karma by the western definition to be supernatural. The way I see it is that if one does something bad to someone then they will always have it in the back of their mind that it's going to come back on them so therefore it does because the person is basically expecting something bad to happen.
Whereas if the person is good to others then their mind will be clear so they won't be bringing themselves into something bad.

Just my two cents.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I don't think of karma by the western definition to be supernatural. The way I see it is that if one does something bad to someone then they will always have it in the back of their mind that it's going to come back on them so therefore it does because the person is basically expecting something bad to happen.
Whereas if the person is good to others then their mind will be clear so they won't be bringing themselves into something bad.

Just my two cents.

So basically, reciprocal altruism?

edit: Wait. No. I read that wrongly.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Just my two cents.

I've always though it seems rational that if you're a dick and you treat the people around you poorly or misbehave eventually it will catch up to you and others will start treating you badly as well. Conversely, if you treat people kindly and with respect and you go out of your way to do things for other people they will be more inclined to do the same for you.
I thought I saw a ghost at a memorial pond where 2 kids are buried... I didn't know they were buried there at the time though... kinda weird...

My lack of beleif in an afterlife kinda contradicts me thinking it was a ghost though...

Who knows? I don't. But I caugh a gigantic Catfish in that pond.

EDIT - I do watch Ghost Adventures whenever it's on... enteraining even if what they're doing is fake (idk)...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by RU Experienced?
I've always though it seems rational that if you're a dick and you treat the people around you poorly or misbehave eventually it will catch up to you and others will start treating you badly as well. Conversely, if you treat people kindly and with respect and you go out of your way to do things for other people they will be more inclined to do the same for you.

I guess you can say that's true based off of how people see said person out in public. So you can say that it's karma, but I think it's more along the lines of people seeing that you act nice so they decide to be nice to you.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by RU Experienced?

I've always assumed that too, but that;s just an assumption. I wouldn't consider it a normal process by any means.
The more and more I learn and listen to stuff on shows like "The Universe" the more plausible things such as ghost become. Scientists are starting to hint at things such as parallel universes that can exsist anywhere, its just a matter of finding the gateway.

Which implies if there IS parallel universes similar to our world,how can you rule out moments that have previously occured, from constantly occuring in another reality? I.E. when a person is brutally and suddenly murdered. Which is normally the case behind stories or legends of hauntings. Maybe their influence is left behind in a parallel universe and has found a way to gain access back to this reality.

/ill-informed batshit crazy rant
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
No.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I refuse to believe in anything before evidence to support the existence of said "anything" is brought before me.

Trust me on this one man. People outside of NJ actually do pump their own gas.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I believe in fairies!

Not really.

Santa Claus and the tooth fairy were supernatural. Then they were explained and I understood that they were to their only to get me not to be a little snob. Then they weren't supernatural but lies to try and make us behave so we get something sweet.

Kinda like the bible was made to keep our morals straight and to base our morals off of the heavenly and not the hellish. Whether or not some of us get stuck in purgatory is yet able to be explained by science. Unless the only scientific way of explaining it is that people seem to get kicks out of things out of the ordinary.
BLANKBLANK
the "supernatural" is a product of man trying explain how the Universe works (but currently hasn't accomplished) and the idea of mistaking a stick for a snake keeping man safe.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by vicarious46
The more and more I learn and listen to stuff on shows like "The Universe" the more plausible things such as ghost become. Scientists are starting to hint at things such as parallel universes that can exsist anywhere, its just a matter of finding the gateway.

Which implies if there IS parallel universes similar to our world,how can you rule out moments that have previously occured, from constantly occuring in another reality? I.E. when a person is brutally and suddenly murdered. Which is normally the case behind stories or legends of hauntings. Maybe their influence is left behind in a parallel universe and has found a way to gain access back to this reality.

/ill-informed batshit crazy rant

Like I said in my first post I believe in God, but I think now it's relevant to add in that I don't believe in Heaven in the Abrahamic sense. I believe that the energy has to go somewhere when we die, but I don't think that means that the good people are going to go to some kingdom in the sky. Just like I don't believe that the bad are going to go to a pit of fire for the rest of eternity. The way I see it is that alternate universes could be the afterlife, and each one would be like the universe is now, but each would have different qualities. I hope that came out so it makes sense.
Quote by L2112Lif
Page 1 of 2