Hey. I didn't know where to put this, so I just figured I would put it in what I think is the most appropriate thread.

I'd just like a bit of feedback on how our band could improve our live performances. I just don't feel like we get enough crowd interaction going on. It's not that we're shy, on the contrary actually, it just never feels like we've got a thing going on with the crowd, you know?

Anyway, here's a video of us at our 3rd gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepIzDo34_U&feature=sub&videos=QV1uITnkuFU

I'd appreciate any and all feedback.... thanks guys.
Say what I want, do what I can, death to the message of the Ku Klux Klan!
You're bands performance was fine, loads of energy. There could be a little more eye contact with the crowd from the whole band, not just from the singer. A little too much staring at your instruments.

I noticed the title "So and so's Grad party" so you may be expecting too much from you audience. They are most likely there to socialize and not really there to watch a band. This happens at party's & at bars where people are just there to hang out, it's not the same as a concert audience but it can be if you make people feel like they're at a concert.

You did get some good clapping at the end there. So I'm not too sure what your worried about.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Bertallica
You're bands performance was fine, loads of energy. There could be a little more eye contact with the crowd from the whole band, not just from the singer. A little too much staring at your instruments.

I noticed the title "So and so's Grad party" so you may be expecting too much from you audience. They are most likely there to socialize and not really there to watch a band. This happens at party's & at bars where people are just there to hang out, it's not the same as a concert audience but it can be if you make people feel like they're at a concert.

You did get some good clapping at the end there. So I'm not too sure what your worried about.

Thanks mate, actually I'm kinda relieved. I dunno, it just seems a little awkward when we're playing heavier numbers and go crazy on the stage, but the general audience does a little golf clap thing.... I was thinking that perhaps we were doing something wrong. Thanks for relieving this doubt, and for the advice about the audience, I never gave it much thought that different events are inevitably going to have different audiences. Thanks again.
Say what I want, do what I can, death to the message of the Ku Klux Klan!