Page 1 of 2
my gf's mother is bitchin sompthing about Ramen Noodles being banned in California (she and I don't live in Calif. - but a relative of theirs does, I guess that's where they heard it from, but I don't quite beleive it tho) ...I heard they were banned becuase of some kind of toxin or toxins that supposedly exist in these Noodles. Is this really true??

cuz I Googled this and could not find anything on toxin(s) in Ramen Noodles or anything about them being banned anywhere
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
I doubt it.
But California always surprises me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
everything's banned in california
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by C_majzer
cuz I Googled this and could not find anything on toxin(s) in Ramen Noodles or anything about them being banned anywhere

Then it's probably absolutely true.

Also, did you know that if you google the word "gullible" it takes you to the Fox News homepage?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Yes. If you eat Ramen Noodles in California, you will be hunted down..

...by the Cyber Police AND the State Police. Obviously ya dun goofed.
Quote by Primus2112

Prop 19 yo.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by TheAbsentOne

And the consequences will never be the same!!!

But seriously what would the college kids eat?
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Nope, I bought some yesterday. I live in Sacramento.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by Jackal58
I doubt it.
But California always surprises me.

My state sucks.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by jmonko at Jul 25, 2010,
im eating some ramen noodles now
quick call the cops before i do anymore dastardly deeds
If they're banned than I am now a wanted criminal. I have a cupboard full of them

Edit: Quick, anyone want to buy some?
If Ramen was illegal, I would probably kill myself. Like, legit. Ramen is freaking amazing.

classicedit: If it is illegal in CA, then I'm raiding my local grocery store, buying a crapload of Ramen ($.25 a pack = $25 for 100 packs), flying out to California, and becoming the world's first Ramen drug dealer.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Last edited by classicrockboy at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by pureebil333
Well Happy Meals are banned so I wouldn't be surprised.

No they aren't.
I'm guessing Ramen Noodles is codeword for "weed".
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
They banned plastic bags in supermarkets??

Wtf?

Sorry off topic but google brought it up.

They want to i think. I'm not sure if it passed, i don't remember it being on the ballot on the recent election. Supposedly there is too much litter produced from them or something.
Quote by jmonko
Nope, I bought some yesterday. I live in Sacramento.

My state sucks.

Pfft. Your state sucks?

Try living in AZ where people like me are hunted for sport because of some law.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Primus2112

+1
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by stratdud39
lol wut

I know, its ****ed up right? lol
Quote by C_majzer
+1

Really? I don't know anything that is banned here that is not banned nationwide (drugs). Besides that plastic bag prohibition (I'm not sure if it passed) I cannot think of anything.
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
They banned plastic bags in supermarkets??

Wtf?

Sorry off topic but google brought it up.

yeah, it's a bitch.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by pureebil333
Well Happy Meals are banned so I wouldn't be surprised.

Happy Meals arent banned, but I do remember something about them not being allowed to put toys in them because the food promotes obesity and the children dont know that yet, or some stupid shit like that.

DoomdEdit: I think they did the plastic bag thing to force drug dealers to be more creative.

DoomdREdit: OH. Plastic grocery bags. Now I get it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by Nelsean
Pfft. Your state sucks?

Good point.
Well Southern California sucks.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MakinLattes
yeah, it's a bitch.

Ok, i read a couple of articles about it. It doesn't sound like a big deal --just carry a tote bag. It might be an inconvenience at first. Personally we have tons of plastic bags here and we bring more in than we use (we don't throw them out). Parts of downtown LA are littered with bags. The real downside is that plastic bag companies are going to be stripped from business; THAT sucks.
Quote by Don't Read This
Ok, i read a couple of articles about it. It doesn't sound like a big deal --just carry a tote bag. It might be an inconvenience at first. Personally we have tons of plastic bags here and we bring more in than we use (we don't throw them out). Parts of downtown LA are littered with bags. The real downside is that plastic bag companies are going to be stripped from business; THAT sucks.

lulz

Quote by TheAbsentOne

hahaha
There's something living in these lines.
Quote by Don't Read This

I'm all for the banning of plastic bags. I think it's great. but, it's a bitch hassle to try to drag three paper bags of groceries through the outer Mission (read "ghetto"), have all three bags break, have to ask two middle schoolers to watch all of your shit, try to get bags from some Chinese market, have THOSE bags break, then end up having to hike uphill to get one of those giant trash bags to cram all of your crap into, then drag that bag back uphill to your shitty little apartment.

that's all I was trying to say. other than that, it's all good.

also, if ramen were banned, half of California's population would be wiped out. mostly uppity collegians.
Quote by Nelsean
Pfft. Your state sucks?

I could probably get into that. Is there a season or a bag limit?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I could probably get into that. Is there a season or a bag limit?

Bag limit for the season, and tis the season my friend, tis the season...

Quote by Nelsean
Bag limit for the season, and tis the season my friend, tis the season...

Then let's get jolly!
I'm already half in the bag.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by MakinLattes
I'm all for the banning of plastic bags. I think it's great. but, it's a bitch hassle to try to drag three paper bags of groceries through the outer Mission (read "ghetto"), have all three bags break, have to ask two middle schoolers to watch all of your shit, try to get bags from some Chinese market, have THOSE bags break, then end up having to hike uphill to get one of those giant trash bags to cram all of your crap into, then drag that bag back uphill to your shitty little apartment.

that's all I was trying to say. other than that, it's all good.

also, if ramen were banned, half of California's population would be wiped out. mostly uppity collegians.

Tote Bags.

I'm sure this won't apply to the meat department. Think about it: Meat stored in PAPER bags. That's horrible.
Page 1 of 2