Can I please get everybody's opinion on this guitar:

http://www.artistguitars.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=432&category_id=24&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4

What I mean by that is just a short answer..

e.g. Piece of shit, Not bad for the money, Very good, etc....

I'm not sure about the type of wood its made from or anything like that. I was thinking maybe it is cheap because the brand is not well known.
The only thing I see wrong with it is it's probably made of bad wood since the body wood isn't listed and its out of stock.
I can't say I've ever played one, but you usually get what you pay for. For $170, you will likely get a guitar with cheap hardware, cheap wood, cheap pickups, bad wiring, poor setup, etc.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
^ What he said.

If your going to spend $170 get an Agile LP. Much better for your money then that will be.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Are you in Australia?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by shaggydogJV
It'll probably turn out to be a waste of &170. I'd try searching around http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html for some cheap guitars. The build quality is generally nice.

I would if it didn't cost me so damn much to get it in to the country
(over $100)

that has got me upset now. lol.

Any Aussies here know of a store with good cheap ones?

oh and while i'm here, can any of you tell me which body wood I should stay away from?

If I email artist guitars and ask them what the body wood is on that particular guitar do you think they would tell the truth? Might be worth asking.
Quote by meneedit
Yeah, I'm in Australia, why's that?

Because of the Rondo suggestions. It sucks to get guitars from there if you're not in the US.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Meh. I wouldn't really waste money on an unknown cheap brand like that. I'd go for maybe a used epiphone les paul or an aria les paul style guitar.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
no way am I ever buying a used guitar again. Bought a fender off eBay and its noisy as hell. (yes i know single coils have buzz but this is much noisier)
^It's probably just unshielded, or the ground wire might have come unattached.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well I had a guy look at it and he did some "grounding" but its still fairly noisy.

but anyway......

I'm gonna need a verdict...... I inquired about the LP guitar and its "Basswood"

Good or bad?

I cant really make up my mind looking at this page:

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/BodyWoodOptions.aspx

It says its a warmer tone (which is what i'm after) but apparently i would have to be very careful with it.
Bass wood is light and get dented really easily. But its not the worst (aka plywood) and lower end "metalz" guitars are made from BW
Maybe check Craigslist for a used guitar so you can try it out first
Just out of curiosity, what does happen when a guitar gets dented. Does it majorly alter the tone?
^ haha, no. It's just a cosmetic flaw. Kind of like if you dent a car, it doesn't affect the performance at all, it just looks bad.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X