hey. so i have been wondering how good my rhythm playing is lately. i can play alot of metallica songs. blackened. puppets.battery. alot more. how do i know if im good at rhythm though? i am always in time it seems like. rhythm is not tough for me 2 play. its leads which kill me. so based on what i can play am i good at rhythm? i cant tell. i write alot of my own rhythm stuff. also. i feel like my dad breaks down my playing constantly. he thinks metallica is not tough. he says its all the 6th adn 5th strings. he clearly doesnt know what hes talking about. he aslo says every things is in 4/4 timing.....ever listen to justice? yeah exactly. the funny things is. he cant play any metallca song. he tried puppets once but said it was weird cause it goes from a single note 2 a power chord real fast....thats not hard for me at all but yet he thinks hes alot better at guitar? so basiccly. am i crazy for thinkin im better than him? and how do i tell if im good at rhythm playing? thanks guys
Ur dad is just a dickhead. UR better then him
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
am i crazy for thinkin im better than him? and how do i tell if im good at rhythm playing? thanks guys

Why do you care if you're better than your Dad? Does it matter, really?

Also, with regards rhythm playing: is it in time? Every time? Can you double track a recording with absolute precision? If the answers are yes to those then yes, you're a good rhythm player.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Also, with regards rhythm playing: is it in time? Every time? Can you double track a recording with absolute precision? If the answers are yes to those then yes, you're a good rhythm player.

While all that is true, I don't think that's necessarily the only criteria for being a good rhythm guitarist.

Good rhythm guitar players don't have to have machine-like precision to be considered as such; playing loosely (in time) should also be taken into account.

For example, I doubt Keith Richards or Pete Townshend could double track with absolute precision, usually play things differently every time, have loose styles, and they're considered two of the best rhythm players there are.

I don't know, I guess it just depends on the style of the music.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
well i just for him 2 notcie so i get some credit and encouragement. and when i play with a track i am in time everytime yeah. i play eith out tracks 2. and it sounds ok. havent tried play 2 tracks exactly the same though