So i've been getting into funk like alot, and that fat synthy sound makes me bassgasm, so I wanna buy a pedal..

I dont have a ton of cash so I've kinda narrowed it down to a few...

Digitech BSW
Boss SYB-5
MXR M82

(I have no way of trying them out unfortunetly, no music store within 50 miles has any bass pedals at all)...

Anyone have any of these? or at least tried them? the MXR seems to be the most promising but i cant find any decent reviews on it....
70s VM Jazz
Ibanez ATK300
Peavy Tour 700
Peavy 2x15
GK 4x10
Last edited by berzerker92 at Jul 26, 2010,
The MXR M82 is pretty new, but it looks very good. Their Bass Auto Q pedal is also a fine choice. The DigiTech is good for a few particular sounds, so if those are what you are looking for, then get that one. But if you want one with more versatility, get the MXR.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I didn't like the Bass Synth wah. It is good if you like gradual envelops, but it cannot do the sound of something like a straight up sawtooth to save the life of it. I'm not sure what sound you're looking for, though.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I had the SYB-5 and to be honest i struggled to use it. I've upgraded to a EHX microsynth, which is miles better. Not perfect, but a lot better. Cant really talk for the other two, although the demos for the BSW seem a little poor.
I'd preferably like to be able to get a herbie hancock"chameleon" tone, and a nine inch nails "closer" tone out of whatever pedal I get... so versatility is my friend, cuz I actually play alot of different music....

That said it sure seems like the MXR is my best bet..

Although now that i'm looking around i saw an electro-harmonix synth... is that worth the $120 more then the Boss or MXR
70s VM Jazz
Ibanez ATK300
Peavy Tour 700
Peavy 2x15
GK 4x10
Quote by berzerker92

Although now that i'm looking around i saw an electro-harmonix synth... is that worth the $120 more then the Boss or MXR

Yes.

The EHX Bass Micro Synth is worth its price if you can actually USE what it does. It's an amazing pedal.

Personally, i don't use much synth-bass, but i've owned a few. I had both the Boss SYB-3 and SYB-5. I didn't like either. They sounded okay, but had unreliable tracking. I have a Digi Bass Synth Wah that HAS managed to stay on my board though.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I looked at the markbass pedal too.

The thing i'm struggling with is that my bass was $300 and my amp was $130... $150 i can pull off on a pedal but when they're up around $300 its a little bit wacky for how much the rest of my rig....

Well unless someone comes up with a reason not to pretty quickly I'm probably gonna go with the MXR and be a guinea pig...
70s VM Jazz
Ibanez ATK300
Peavy Tour 700
Peavy 2x15
GK 4x10