Spot on except the LTD's are really good, unlike some Epiphones. The EC-1000 is wonderful, probably as good as a Gibson except with a thinner body and neck.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
yeah, somewhat, but the ltd's quality does surpass epiphone's as the number of the model goes up. then it would be morel like ltd 1000's versus epiphone elitist.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
It's not quite right. More accurately, ESP's LTD is more like Fender's Squier.
The Epiphone brand is a name bought by Gibson, and is actually another company, just owned by Gibson.
LTD's are an actual brand under ESP. To clarify, they aren't another company, just another name.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by carlos_almighty
then it would be morel like ltd 1000's versus epiphone elitist.
Evidently you've never played an Epi Elitist.

The LTD Standards are basically on-par with Epiphones, PRS SEs, Mexican Fenders/some of the better Squiers, etc. The LTD Deluxe models (1000/1001s) occupy a bizarre limbo-world, only joined by the MIM Deluxe/Classic Player Fenders and Highway One guitars.

To get on par with an Epi Elitist, you really have to go up to ESP Standard models. Both Japanese-made, both using the highest quality materials for the sub-£1800 price point.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Squire? Maybe in terms of corporate parentage, but certainly not in terms of quality. If you ask me, Fender has really screwed up its branding--- Made in USA (then Standard, Highway One, etc...), MIM... some still made in Japan.... then there is the Squire line.... it is a mess.

Regardless of history, Epiphone is not treated like a separate company by Gibson. Epiphone products are listed along with Gibson at the gibson.com website.

The best analogy I have seen is the PRS/SE one....

Quote by Baby Joel
It's not quite right. More accurately, ESP's LTD is more like Fender's Squier.
The Epiphone brand is a name bought by Gibson, and is actually another company, just owned by Gibson.
LTD's are an actual brand under ESP. To clarify, they aren't another company, just another name.
you are using the highest quality materials for the sub-£1800 price point.
It's the same as several manufacturers Fender-Squire, Gibson-Epi etc

IMHO LTDs are no where near as good as ESPs. I have played a lot of LTDs and the top of the line LTD is not as good as the bottom end ESP. In all the years I have been playing I find Epis to be much better guitar all around and close to Gibsons tone and quality unlike the pairing between ESP and LTD. I would buy an Epi or Agile before I bought an LTD this is why I don't not have a single LTD in my collection of guitars I haven't found a single one that I like or was worth the money. I see a lot of people praising them and I can't see why.

If your going to by an ESP get an ESP don't go for an LTD they just are not the guitar that an ESP is, not even close!
Quote by filtersweep
Squire? Maybe in terms of corporate parentage, but certainly not in terms of quality. If you ask me, Fender has really screwed up its branding--- Made in USA (then Standard, Highway One, etc...), MIM... some still made in Japan.... then there is the Squire line.... it is a mess.

I hear ya... When I first started playing, I was so bloody confused by all the different "levels" of a Fender.
That is funny, because I feel the same way about Epiphone. I seriously wonder how much of it is psychological-- I had owned a Gibson SG-- and believed no Epiphone could be as good. To my mind, (Chinese) Epiphone solely exists to sell lower-end "copies" of the classic Gibson line (not saying it is actually true). Likewise, having owned an American Strat, I would never consider buying a Mexican one. If not for the "made in" decal, I probably couldn't tell the difference with some of the Mexican shop guitars. A lot of this is pure snobbery. In the right hands, any of these guitars could sound great.

As for "worth the money"-- I recently purchased a (Korean) LTD with EMGs made of mahogany with a neck-through design, nice binding, etc. It is a very safe bet if you like the EMG sound. For the money (here in Europe, where everything is twice as expensive as the US and there is not a massive second-hand market), I found it on sale and believe it to be a fantastic value. I might not have purchased it if I still lived in the US, since there are so many other options in the same price point (approximately $800 -1000 USD). But not everyone lives where there is a GC selling mid-range guitars at blow-out prices.

Quote by johnro6659
It's the same as several manufacturers Fender-Squire, Gibson-Epi etc

IMHO LTDs are no where near as good as ESPs. I have played a lot of LTDs and the top of the line LTD is not as good as the bottom end ESP. In all the years I have been playing I find Epis to be much better guitar all around and close to Gibsons tone and quality unlike the pairing between ESP and LTD. I would buy an Epi or Agile before I bought an LTD this is why I don't not have a single LTD in my collection of guitars I haven't found a single one that I like or was worth the money. I see a lot of people praising them and I can't see why.

If your going to by an ESP get an ESP don't go for an LTD they just are not the guitar that an ESP is, not even close!