Heya forum!

I was just wondering which guitar you would pick between the Jackson RR5 and the Jackson Matt Tuck Sig. ? For metal music obviously (and maybe a tiny bit of clean).

Thanks for answering,

Emilioflex
The RR5 comes with Seymour Duncans. The Matt Tuck Sig comes with EMG's.

So the obvious choice is the RR5, sir.

EDIT: But seriously, the only real difference besides the pups is that the Sig has Sperzels, but with the money you save on the RR5, you could buy some. And it's just not cool to have someone else's name on your guitar..

And the RR5 just looks better anyways
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jul 26, 2010,
Well, the RR5 has passive Duncans, so even though with the dual JBs you want be getting as versatile a tone, it'll still be a hell of a lot more versatile than the EMGs. However, if you just want t3h br00tz, as I assume you are considering you're considering a BFMV signature model, the EMGs might be good. If you're doing anything other than metal/hard rock, then RR5. If not, I'd suggest another EMG equipped guitar, since signatures are usually fabulously overpriced.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
yeah, i'd totally go for the rr5. the duncan's are more versatile, but they can get dirty. and i've never been a fan of mr. tuck's signature rhoads.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
The normal headstock on the RR5 looks better than the reverse thats on the Matt Tuck Sig IMO. The RR5 comes with a JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. The guys from Lamb of God use duncan JB's in the bridge position so it can definitely get heavy. So yeah, get the RR5.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Well besides the picups which everyone else talks about, the main difference is that the Matt Tuck Sig got 24 frets and the RR5 got 22.

So you have to ask yourself: Do you need 24 frets? (I know I do)
I'm gonna say the RR5. But thats just because I'm horribly biased against EMGs. IMO, you can stick a set in a Squire and get the exact same sound you would if you stuck them in a custom shop Jackson. Not to mention the ivory RR5 with gold hardware is the sex. But I would get an RR5T for the Floyd.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by oed
Well besides the picups which everyone else talks about, the main difference is that the Matt Tuck Sig got 24 frets and the RR5 got 22.

So you have to ask yourself: Do you need 24 frets? (I know I do)

Apparently the Sig has 22...
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-Matt-Tuck-Sig-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-876134-i1472170.gc
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-Matt-Tuck-Sig-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar?sku=476185
http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2900506
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Thanks everyone I have made my choice and i'm gettin the Black RR5 w/ Gold pinstripes! xD