im pretty sure i wanna get a strat. i play alot of frusciante and hendrix stuff. im not sure what strat would suit that the best. wanna stay below 800 if possile. suggestions?
ditto
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
a 60s classic would be good seeing as both hendrix and fru used them (60s guitars...not the classic of course)
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
You'd be fine with just a MIM strat. They really are pretty good compared to americans and you can probably find one used for less than half the budget you're working with.

Right....then u can start saving up for a Marshall plexi super lead
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Don't get an MIM, they're good but you'll find they'll hold you back after a few years.

The neck and especially the pickups are cheap.

Get a MIJ strat from the 80's. Same price and better than the modern day Americans and better than the 80's Americans if non export.
Quote by rdobson2
Right....then u can start saving up for a Marshall plexi super lead

LOL! Just like every other n00b.

When I started out I got an MIM strat and a JCM 900 with greenbacks. The JCM 800 is a bit better and the JCM 2000 is trash, sounds like a line 6.

My MIM strat is better than my JCM 900. Marshall suck, sure you get the crunch but they have no body, they sound thin and have no bass. They won't do anything other than hard rock, and blues rock. And imo even when playing rock, the thin sound is really annoying.

If they had some depth and body to them, they'd be a decent amp.

For clean I'd get a fender, for dirty, I dunno. Could follow the flock and get mesa.
Quote by ILLaViTaR
LOL! Just like every other n00b.

When I started out I got an MIM strat and a JCM 900 with greenbacks. The JCM 800 is a bit better and the JCM 2000 is trash, sounds like a line 6.

My MIM strat is better than my JCM 900. Marshall suck, sure you get the crunch but they have no body, they sound thin and have no bass. They won't do anything other than hard rock, and blues rock. And imo even when playing rock, the thin sound is really annoying.

If they had some depth and body to them, they'd be a decent amp.

For clean I'd get a fender, for dirty, I dunno. Could follow the flock and get mesa.

Since when did all the n00bs have plexis?

And it's totally impossible they could make some quality amps that suit others but not you

TS, it's hard to suggest something when we don't know what currency you're working with or what country you're in.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
Since when did all the n00bs have plexis?

And it's totally impossible they could make some quality amps that suit others but not you

TS, it's hard to suggest something when we don't know what currency you're working with or what country you're in.

All the rich n00bs who start out and like AC DC, Led Zep, KISS, and all other typical rock bands. I'm not saying don't listen to these bands, I'm saying out of every guitarist who wears an AC DC shirt and goes on about how awesome their music/attitude is and ROCK AND ROLL PARTY ALL NIGHT BLAH BLAH BLAH, only 10% of them or so would actually like the music. Take all the fame/bias out of it, majority of them a posers and therefore n00bs.

If you've heard my amp you'd know it's not a matter of personal opinion.

Sound quality isn't the issue, it has a nice gain sound for hard rock however it has no bass, and the bass it has sounds cloudy and it's thin. Think like you've just flicked your amp onto standby and kept playing till the sound fades out. That's what makes it officially crap, sure someone might like it, just like someone might prefer a behringer strat to a 1957 original.
Buy an USA Strat if you can find one in your price range.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by ILLaViTaR
Marshall suck, sure you get the crunch but they have no body, they sound thin and have no bass. They won't do anything other than hard rock, and blues rock. And imo even when playing rock, the thin sound is really annoying.

Bullshit. Try playing a Marshall besides your JCM 900; the JTM 45 and plexis definitely do not sound thin or lack bass.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.