i dont have 1 yet, its just for future reference. can any1 shed some light on this?
Last edited by TMVATDI at Jul 26, 2010,
If its E A D G B E.. maybe since its already repeating the next string would be B???? yes i think so. if its some wierd tuning like Drop D or anything like that than i cant help you. you would have to specify a tuning
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't think that exhonerees should get a cash settlement, they should get a basket with lotions and fruit, with a card that says "sorry!" with a little doggy on it.

Quote by sock_demon

*Shredding* BREAKER BREAKER, IVE GOT A DEAD HOOKER, OVER*Shredding*
The most obvious choice is to add a low B as a seventh string, and a low F# as the 8string.

You can also try and add a high A, but that will require a very thin but strong string ( 0.08").
Orange Enthousiast.
basicly you keep the highest 6 strings in standard tuning and put the thickest string to B, from there you can go on and either tune down everything, or tuning down the thick B string for drop tuning.

some people prefer double dropped on a 7 string in which case your top 6 strings are drop D and the thickest is an A

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
i use E standard, occassionally open G or DADGAD. so its most common to add lower strings?
The bass string should be B. Tune it down or up according to your preference on the other 6 strings.
you could add a low A to DADGAD and get ADADGAD, enjoy your huge, rich chords.
Orange Enthousiast.
7 Standard: B E A D G B E
7 Dropped: A E A D G B E
Muse - Citizens Erased: A A D D G B E

And of course, Half down, every note half step, full step, all down 1 note. e.t.c
Last edited by zakarai at Jul 26, 2010,
Whatever you want. I often have my 8-string in EBGDAE with a B and F#, or drop the F# to an E, then tuning it down various steps. Half a step, full step, et cetera. I generally prefer to tune every additional string in fourths, so I'd have B and F# low, and an A higher.
Last edited by Dayn at Jul 26, 2010,