So I just got back from taking my H&K Switchblade out of town. Worked fine while I was away (I was too cheap to pay for a rental), but when I got back the thing wet the bed. It sounds weak, bassy, devoid of articulation and all around bad.

I'm told I need new tubes, but I just had the power section retubed a couple months ago. Unless someone smashed the thing moving it off the stage (the only time I wasn't the one carrying it) I can't understand why that would be the issue. Preamp tubes, on the other hand, I could. I've been getting this crackly sound from my amp for a while now and I've heard that that can be preamp related, but I'm not sure how trustworthy that info is.

So before I take it in and pay a buttload to have it serviced, what do you think the problem is?
If it is the preamp tubes, you can just swap them out yourself. No need for servicing fees.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I just want to be sure. It's easy to swap preamp tubes, but if they aren't the problem I'm back to square one. I just want a few opinions on what the problem might be.