So I'm having a Dilema, I'm buying either the 6260 or the 6262 head, and I'll be buying the the 412 Bugera cab with one or the other

Which would you prefer for more hardcore/screamo/metal music? I need nice low end, and high enough gain without a pedal for that kind of music?

What's your guys' thoughts?

I'm leaning more towards the 6262
Last edited by THEandrew at Jul 26, 2010,
I would get the 6262. If you want a metalish, screamo guitar tone, keep the highs, highs and mids low, and lows somewhere around the middle. Mids are mainly used for your crunch and they can really bring out the tubes but can sound rather awful for metal but some bands do have the mids high like escape the fate.
Yeah get a 6262. Im abouth to get 6505+112 (same) before saw a SPECİAL OFFER on 333xl-212

Gonna cost me like 450 euros..
Do not get the Bugera cab with it. They come with cheap speakers and are probably not constructed very well.

Go for an Avatar 212/412 or a Mesa 412/212 instead.

As for which one to go with, it's up to you. The 6262 is a 6505+ clone ('smoother' sounding, better cleans, less gain, but still way more than enough) whereas the 6260 is a 6505 clone (more raw and in-your-face, more gain, worse cleans).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
6260 and the 6262 are pretty much the same thing.

6260 = 5150 = 6505
6262 = 5150II = 6505+

The only difference I think is that the 6262 has 2 EQ's for both clean and lead channel but the 6260 has only one for both channels.

The 6260 is considerably cheaper and I'd get that instead of paying £60 just for another EQ.
Id go with the 6262, have had a couple years and it is an awsome amp. I also have been using the Bugera cabinet and have purposely kept the Bugera speakers in it. I like the tone and don't plan on changing speakers anytime soon. You dont have to spend a fortune to get good tone.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Defintely look into the Avatar or Mesa cabs. Another alternative is to check out the harley benton G412 Vintage.

Your best bet is to try out both amps and see what suits your needs best.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Raijouta
Do not get the Bugera cab with it. They come with cheap speakers and are probably not constructed very well.

As for which one to go with, it's up to you. The 6262 is a 6505+ clone ('smoother' sounding, better cleans, less gain, but still way more than enough) whereas the 6260 is a 6505 clone (more raw and in-your-face, more gain, worse cleans).

+1, Listen to this guy, he speaks the truth.

Quality speakers MATTER!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
I have the 6262 head with the Bugera 4X12 slant cab. It sounds pretty damn good through the Bugera Cab with stock speakers, so I would imagine anything better would be amazing. I only paid 275 bucks brand new for the Bugera Cab, so if price is an obstacle, I would consider purchasing it. Also, its very solidly built and offers a huge low end. Buy a noise reduction pedal like a ISP Decimator or something similar, and you'll have a great metalcore/metal tone without the ridiculous feedback.
Quote by Raijouta

The Bugera Cab is actually voiced the for amp it's self though, and I haven't heard anything bad about it from anyone at all. Apparently it's fits nice

And thanks everyone else, your tips have been helpful!

I'm thinking the 6262 will be what I end up with
Quote by THEandrew
The Bugera Cab is actually voiced the for amp it's self though, and I haven't heard anything bad about it from anyone at all. Apparently it's fits nice

And thanks everyone else, your tips have been helpful!

I'm thinking the 6262 will be what I end up with

Are you Paul from GuitarWorld?

But seriously go for the 6262
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Are you Paul from GuitarWorld?

But seriously go for the 6262

well...I did hear that from the video, and about 12000 other places I looked at reviews hahah
Quote by THEandrew
well...I did hear that from the video, and about 12000 other places I looked at reviews hahah

$1,000,000 says Bugera threw together a box with no regard as to "voicing" the cab for their amps. They're a pretty mediocre cab with mediocre construction, materials and speakers. An Avatar 2X12 with your choice of speakers is a much better choice.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Raijouta

The speakers are very similar to Celestion 30s, from the specs they once sent to me.
And the cab is made ok, I looked into it, and it seemed to me as if it is better workmanship than with the Marshall cab I owned years ago...

The 6262 is with an EQ, reverb and presence for each channel, the 6260 with an overall EQ etc.
Quote by TheWhizzler
The speakers are very similar to Celestion 30s, from the specs they once sent to me.
And the cab is made ok, I looked into it, and it seemed to me as if it is better workmanship than with the Marshall cab I owned years ago...

The 6262 is with an EQ, reverb and presence for each channel, the 6260 with an overall EQ etc.
Do you still have these specs? Would be great if we could see them!

Anyway, the problem with the cab (aside from speakers) is the material it's made out of. I'm pretty sure it's not birch ply.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Do you still have these specs? Would be great if we could see them!

Anyway, the problem with the cab (aside from speakers) is the material it's made out of. I'm pretty sure it's not birch ply.

MDF, which is fine with me ;o) Probably some % of birch involved *lol*

Here's what I received:

Bugera 12G70J8:
Ferrite magnet, Y30, Φ120xΦ57xH15 (mm x mm x mm)
VC diameter = 1.5“
Fs = 90 Hz
SPL 1W/1m = 98 dB
Power continuous IEC 268.5 = 70 W
Power peak = 280 W
Impedance = 8 Ohm
Total weight = 2.8 kg
Quote by TheWhizzler
MDF, which is fine with me ;o) Probably some % of birch involved *lol*

Here's what I received:

Bugera 12G70J8:
Ferrite magnet, Y30, Φ120xΦ57xH15 (mm x mm x mm)
VC diameter = 1.5“
Fs = 90 Hz
SPL 1W/1m = 98 dB
Power continuous IEC 268.5 = 70 W
Power peak = 280 W
Impedance = 8 Ohm
Total weight = 2.8 kg

Thanks! Those specs don't really look similar to V30s, though. Different magnet, smaller voice coil, a lot lighter... Even the name is really different. If it was a V30 clone they'd probably name it U30 or some other cheesy reference. The name's more similar to the G12-something, but those have different specs too.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
My mistake, it's the wrong email I have copied.
This one's what they said regarding the Bugera Vintage Guitar speakers 12G50J4 :

>dB ?:
<98 dB
<Resonant Frequency :75Hz~5KHz same to Celestion’s Vintage 30
<Power - 50W
<Magnet kind:Ceramic (Ferrite) same to Celestion’s Vintage 30

>So if you could tell me the speakers specifications i would take it in consideration and maybe buy one of those bugera Cabinets. May i ask if the Bugera Vintage Guitar speakers 12G50J4 has the same specifications of the Celestion Vintage 30?

<I would like to tell you that the frequency response of 12G50J4 guitar speaker is same to <Celestion’s Vintage 30 and the Voice Coil material is Kapton and wire type is round copper <as well which means can output good sound quality and support peak high power <output ....