hey guys i need some advice on purchasing a multi effects pedal i was originally looking at a pod x3 live but some people are suggesting i get a boss

im prob looking at spending round no more then 1000 im hoping to only spend like 800

thx

i also live in nsw

oh and im in a church band and im also into metalcore like parkway drive and august burns red
Last edited by theladchaplad at Jul 26, 2010,
i got a boss me-70... I really taken a like into it. The distortion, reverb, mod-effects and delay is great on it. I would buy one again if it would be stolen. I only recommend buying an wah-pedal next to it. Cause the wah is not really strong enough. (only if you need wah of course).
I have an RP500 from Digitech. I am done. I love it. I can't imagine needing another fx pedal. And it is sub-$300 in price.
Haha, well to complete the list, I use a Line 6 Pod X3 Live, and I also love it; Guitar, Bass, Vocals, it does it all.
I got a Zoom G9.2tt

Its very cool and cheaper than most stuff. Twin tube processor.. You must check it..

And its realy cheap.
I was under the feeling the Boss multi effects pedals are best and I know Zoom ones are terrible (as my friend has one for his bass). TBH, I'm not a fun of multi-effects, and prefer individual effects, but if you can try them out side by side in a shop...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
I was under the feeling the Boss multi effects pedals are best and I know Zoom ones are terrible (as my friend has one for his bass).
Just goes to show how feelings can be wrong.
Boss ME-50... gets the job done, and i play from indie to hardcore and etc.....

its got the goods
Is bad ass one or two words?
Ok, TS says he has a 1000$ budget and you guys suggest cheap Boss and Digitech stuff

Would you mind going rack?
Because with this money you can easily grab a TC G-major and a Midi foot controller.
If you want a foot multi-fx, then the Line 6 M13 is a really good one (except for overdrive and distortion)
And do not get a boss ME -_-
Quote by fcarpio
Check out the Nova system, here is a demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWnTo58Kl-E

They retail for $500 but you can get them for under $400. They have the same processor as the $1000+ G System and has a built in "analog" overdrive and distortion.

Quote by Sguit
Ok, TS says he has a 1000$ budget and you guys suggest cheap Boss and Digitech stuff

Would you mind going rack?
Because with this money you can easily grab a TC G-major and a Midi foot controller.
If you want a foot multi-fx, then the Line 6 M13 is a really good one (except for overdrive and distortion)
And do not get a boss ME -_-

+3.14

Best advices so far. TC Electronics multi-fx units are the best, in my opinion.

Boss multi-fx units are good if you're on a tight budget, but since you can spend some serious cash, you can't go wrong with a TC Electronics Nova System.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112