Before I moved a week ago, my friend gave me a free cheap bass guitar. The bridge is causing some buzzing issues but nothing I cant fix. It's a good starter bass to learn on. Anyway I was wondering what would be a good starter bass amp? I can probably pay around $150-200 but I just want it to practice with and get some small feeling of the thump

Love playing Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse so something that can do a hard rock kind of sound. I have no idea about bass amps and guitars lol. Thanks guys!
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
^ no.

OT: have a look at the FAQ at the top of the page, it's got some good inexpensive amp ideas there.

EDIT: holy shit, he removed all his posts
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jul 26, 2010,
what?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Try out Laneys. The RB series hasn't given me any problems so far...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Behringer's quality control is awful at best, if you got a good one then good for you, but you are one lucky bugger. I don't think I've ever known someone personally who has bought anything eith the word 'behringer' on it and not regretted it sooner or later.
Also that 90 watt is probably closer to 40rms.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid