I'm looking at the emu 1616, it seems fast and reliable.

I am going to use it to record guitar and use a midi controller with it, I am using Windows vista. Do you think it will get the job done?
Be sure Vista drivers are listed on the website and read reviews to see how stable it is.
I think Bill put a review in the thread linked through my sig.

I used an EMU 0202 in the past and had issues with getting the drivers installed on XP, Vista, and W7.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation and I'm getting this one, i supose it could be a cheaper and close enough interface.

http://www.thomann.de/pt/alesis_io2_express.htm

But I think, to answer your question, moody07747 said everything...
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

Gear:
Yamaha c40 - classic guitar
Ibanez Ar250 - guitar
yamaha psr e323 - keyboard

A humble guitarrist who, most of all just loves to play : )
make sure its usb 2.0, if its 1.1 then you get incredible latency problems when recording
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
make sure its usb 2.0, if its 1.1 then you get incredible latency problems when recording

Thats crap - The vast majority of us have USB 1.1 interfaces that still outsell firewire and USB 2.0 (past and present) - and mine works flawlessly - I also have a firewire interface too but use my USB 99% of the time as it sounds better WITH NO LATENCY PROBLEMS.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by strangedogs
Thats crap - The vast majority of us have USB 1.1 interfaces that still outsell firewire and USB 2.0 (past and present) - and mine works flawlessly - I also have a firewire interface too but use my USB 99% of the time as it sounds better WITH NO LATENCY PROBLEMS.

The emu 1616m i'm looking at is PCI anyway.

On the site it say's there are drivers and support for vista, but reviews say otherwise. Those reviews are a couple years ago so I guess the drivers were released between then and now.