Hey people!
So i was wondering. Am i the only one natural left handed guy, who plays in the right handed way? And is there any point for me in learning to play in the lefty way?
Well, actually im kinda ambidextrous, because i was born lefty, but my father taught me to write right handed, even if i still draw or eat using my left hand. So when my father brought me the first guitar, it was for right handed people, of course, so i learnt to play in the right handed way. But now im wondering: is that bad? And is there any point for me in learning to play left handed? I heard that left handed people find hard to strum with their right hand. But i believe that i dont really have that problem because i have been training my right hand and i believe it strums pretty good, while im using my naturally "better hand" for fretting notes. So i think, that if i learn to play in the left handed way it would just take time and nothing like strumming or fretting would improve. So how do you think, is there any point for it?
And how about this forum: are there any left/right handed people playing right/left handed way?
No you're not the first one by a long shot.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I'm left handed...i play right handed - it just came naturally for me, playing lefty was never even an option. If i try to play lefty i fail miserably.
kurt cobain
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I believe Joe Perry of Aerosmith is a natural lefty who plays the right handed way. Worked out great for him.
Mark Knopfler does

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I'm a lefty playing lefty guitars.Eventually you'll learn to play guitar righthanded just fine, but I do believe it would've been much easier and you would've progressed faster if you started on a lefty guitar instead of a righty
"I'm not retreating, I'm initiating an offensive manouvre in the opposite direction!"
I'm as lefty as lefty can get and i play right. Its equally as hard either way. In fact i think its easier for a lefty to play right because it seems like it would be easier to fret with the hand you use most.
I'm left handed and play right handed. Just do what feels natural to you, and don't worry about being at a disadvantage or anything, because you're not. You can train your hands to play in whatever with enough practice, like how in the old days people who were born left handed were forced to write right handed.

But don't force yourself to play a particular way, just play how it feels natural.
I'm a lefty, I play right. I feel that I can go faster and have more power with my left hand fretting. There's really no point in changing to playing a left-handed guitar because you'll only be worse than you are with a right-handed one.

Just keep at it playing right-handed, like me

Also, to me, my left hand is sacred: I won't do anything but write with it unless it's absolutely necessary for me to do it. Sounds incredibly anal, but I like to look after my fretting hand ;p
RECTUM.

Quote by papershredder
Believe it or not, DT can be overlistened to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DA4iggDD8

Quote by SmarterChild

Quote by tancanada
I know a girl who regularly orgasms in her sleep.

Ah, Rohypnol.
Quote by Enclose
I'm a lefty playing lefty guitars.Eventually you'll learn to play guitar righthanded just fine, but I do believe it would've been much easier and you would've progressed faster if you started on a lefty guitar instead of a righty

I'm left handed and had a go of both lefty and righty guitars many years ago when i first started and righty style felt natural to me, i cannot play lefty at all it just doesn't feel natural or comfortable at all to me, so i think it's more of a case of what feels natural to your body and not what hand you automatically write with, but thats just from my experience i could be wrong (which happens quite often lol)
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
I'm a natural left hander who plays the guitar righty. Although, you could say I'm ambidextrous as well....my left hand is mostly dominant but i do some things righty in sports and such. Basically just do whatever comes naturally. The first guitar I got was righty and it worked fine. I don't have trouble picking and i like the speed and dexterity that I have when fretting with my dominant hand.
I'm a righty, and I now play lefty.
Don't think there are too many that do that ;-p

It's definitely easier having the picking/strumming hand as your more dominant hand.
I speak with experience of learning both ways.
Right handed guitarist trying to learn to play lefty after a ten year break, and a severe left-hand injury!

Wish me luck ;-)