Title says it all.

When put side by side, what are the pros, cons, and individual characteristics of these amps? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
No experts on this tonight? Lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
well the switcblade has 4 channel while the randall has 3...and the switchblade has built in effects...but i bet the randall is better for metal and is naturally mid-heavier than the switchblade.
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
You still havent decided on an amp yet? Mate, get your ass to the nearest store/s and play them
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
You still havent decided on an amp yet? Mate, get your ass to the nearest store/s and play them

Well it's between these two for sure.

At first i was all set on Splawn but then my price range got chopped down. After MUCH looking into with and without the help of UG it's come down to these two. And I haven't seen either of these at my local guitar shops.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
ttt
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet

At first i was all set on Splawn but then my price range got chopped down. After MUCH looking into with and without the help of UG it's come down to these two. And I haven't seen either of these at my local guitar shops.

just keep saving or go used. You can get into a used Splawn starting around $1200.

I don't have any experience with the Randalls or the H&Ks
I had a switchblade.......one of the worst sounding amps I've owned. First off it's a hybrid. A lot of folks will try and convince you that it is a tube preamp because it has a preamp tube but that's crap. The Vox tonelab has a tube and that doesn't make it a tube preamp.

I currently own a Randall NBKING100 and several Washburn guitars. I've been really impressed with the stuff coming out of the company (same parent company). Without even hearing it I would choose the RT over the Switchblade.
As a man of simplicity (and I know for a fact that it sounds good while never having herd of the other) I'd go with the Randall
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
As a man of simplicity (and I know for a fact that it sounds good while never having herd of the other) I'd go with the Randall

Only thing I have to watch out for now is that I've been hearing talks about the RT series now having some sort of volume problem and that you have to really crank the volume in order for it to sound great or else it sounds like a crappy practice amp. Rumors rumors rumors. Tsk tsk tsk,
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Only thing I have to watch out for now is that I've been hearing talks about the RT series now having some sort of volume problem and that you have to really crank the volume in order for it to sound great or else it sounds like a crappy practice amp. Rumors rumors rumors. Tsk tsk tsk,

Hope I'm not too late...

I'm pretty sure the volume problems with the RTs were just the RT503. I own an RT100 and absolutely love it, and there's no problems (just to be honest though...IMO, the high gain OD2 channel is lacking a bit in treble, easily fixed with my MXR EQ in the loop)

It also has the common high-gain hum and feedback but my bandmate has a Peavey 6505+ that's much worse with noise. If your planning on gigging LOUD, I'd recommend a noise gate("ISP Decimator")

I know it seems like I'm saying "yeah it's great....if you add this, and tweek that" but it's not like that. I'm just adding advice that I would for almost any amp.

I don't want to seem bias toward the Randall, especially because the Switchblade was also one of my top picks to choose from. The Switchblade is definitely capable of getting good quality FX into the tone and has lots of bells and whistles but I just needed two things; an articulate yet brutal distortion tone and a great clean channel (alone and for pedals). The Randall excells in both.

Another honest statement....The RT series is a new product and I don't know exactly when Randall switched over to "US Music Corp". What I mean by that is; It might be made somewere in Asia, then again, what's not these days. Mine seems Hella solid so far (Don't think Bugera because I said that though, it's way better then that)....

So, actions speak louder then words....here's a link to my youtube clip (keep in mind, it doesn't demo all the channels or versitility. I made it to demo OD2 full gain):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtP8_AL2LA
Hmm...interesting choices....

I'm not quite sure the HK switchblade should be called a hybrid. It's got a tube preamp and a tube output section. However, it's only running 2 12ax7 preamp tubes which makes me think that a lot of the distortion voicing for the high gain channels are digital or transistor based.

I read a review of the Randall that gave it pretty good reviews. Seems like a standard 6l6 amp. Randall makes some good workhorse amps but none of them really scream grail amp to me.

I dunno...I guess you should go with what fits your needs the best. I'd have to say that I'd go for a used soldano or new jet city over these 2 amps though. How much gain do you need actually?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Whats with all the Necrobump's lately?

Quote by TheBodomBullet

What happened to the solid-state, harsh tone want?

Tone-wise i'd put the Randall first however if your not a touring/recording artist, the switchblade with its digital effects may actually be a handy choice
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
Whats with all the Necrobump's lately?

Necro bump? This thread is just over a week old...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Necro bump? This thread is just over a week old...

Meh this one isnt too bad its just that there's been about 4 or 5 threads over a month or so old that have been bumped recently. It's getting annoying

EDIT: Mclaw will there be a NAD today or is my live update feeder fvcked up?
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

Last edited by Guitar-KID125 at Aug 6, 2010,