Page 1 of 3
Hypothetically. there's a huge asteroid heading towards us, it will destroy the earth and all of its inhabitants. It's your job to send a time capsule into space with the 5 items that best describe the human race within. The items can't be much bigger than a car and you can't just send an encyclopedia or a hard drive full of information.

What do you send? Do you send flattering shit back or are you completely honest?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
McDonalds
McDonalds
McDonalds
McDonalds
McDonalds.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Me, my girlfriend, lots of food, water, and a bed.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
A syringe with hiv on it. An ugly pregnant teen. A Signing on form for jobseekers allowance. A tub of human fat. A bottle of cheap wine.
The Bourne Trilogy. You don't need another 2 items, you know the galaxy ain't gonna fuck with us.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Human DNA
eeerrr.... thats all I can think of for the time being.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by sam b
I just send a capsule up to hit the asteroid, blowing it up and saving earth

+1
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Princess Diana's Death in Pictures : The Coffee Table Book
Monkey faeces
Matthew McConaughey's faeces
Matthew McConaughey
9/11

I think that just about covers it.
zappa's entire back catalogue.

they'll worship us like we were gods.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The bed would be a waste, since you'll be in low gravity.

My imagination just got more interesting.
The main cast of Armageddon then send them into space to destroy the asteroid.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
As many photos from history as I could fit into the capsule
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by metaldud536
Birth control pills
a Justin Bieber album
an American flag
a television
a soccer ball

because the world is just America.... you guys are all thats there... not like you were immigrants from europe or anything.

there's 5 main continents

Europe
Asia
The America's
Africa
Oceania

as all of these continents have different things, get a large piece of paper (lets say big enough to be folded into the shape of a large car ) and have everybody put one sentence/word/small picture that sums them up. 60 billion people. i think that would give a better view of the human race than sending materialistic goods.
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
because the world is just America.... you guys are all thats there... not like you were immigrants from europe or anything.

Europe
Asia
The America's
Africa
Oceania

as all of these continents have different things, get a large piece of paper (lets say big enough to be folded into the shape of a large car ) and have everybody put one sentence/word/small picture that sums them up. 60 billion people. i think that would give a better view of the human race than sending materialistic goods.

6 Billion, almost 7 broo.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
6 Billion, almost 7 broo.

still makes more sense than sending material goods.. i pretty sure if someone catches this thing they'll have something similar to whatever we've made.

sending them something about everyone on the planet is probably a little outlandish, but at the same time probably a better solution, if you want someone to know what you're about, you don't throw five seemingly random objects at them.. they'll think you're insane... you tell them with words (or sign language if they're deaf, or braille if they are blind)
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by the bartender
AC/DC's entire back catalogue.

they'll worship us like we were gods.

Fixed
Fast Food
A laptop
A car
A book on economics

And last but certainly not least: A tape of Mother****ing Shark Week.
Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Samuel Jackson, Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansen. The human race will not be ****ed with.
Quote by El3ment380
Quote by the bartender
AC/DC's entire back catalogue.

they'll look at us like we were morons who couldn't play instruments or sing worth shit about nothing but sex.

fixed

Fixed. I believe the proper answer to the entire back catalog question would be Tom Waits. We send Tom Waits catalog into space they'll not only get an accurate depiction of the human race, but they'll also want to try and come save us, by time machine if necessary.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 26, 2010,
^^ Yeah, because aliens understand the latin alphabet, braille, and/or sign language.

EDIT: @Sparky-MMA
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Sparky-MMA

Europe
Asia
The America's
Africa
Oceania

I like my idea better.
Quote by sfaune92
^^ Yeah, because aliens understand the latin alphabet, braille, and/or sign language.

which is why (if you read it) its from all over the world. different languages, different cultures. everyone will write it in a different way.

they don't need to understand what it says to understand that Earth is a multicultural society, much like i don't have to understand what a Beethoven says to enjoy his music.

think outside the box. sending something electronic is pointless, they may not have electricity.

sending something that makes a noise (while not as pointless) may not be much use, they may not have the ability to hear.

however i know the instant answer to this is they may not have the ability to see, but they'll be able to feel, and with no ability to see your other senses go into overtime.
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
which is why (if you read it) its from all over the world. different languages, different cultures. everyone will write it in a different way.

they don't need to understand what it says to understand that Earth is a multicultural society, much like i don't have to understand what a Beethoven says to enjoy his music.

think outside the box. sending something electronic is pointless, they may not have electricity.

sending something that makes a noise (while not as pointless) may not be much use, they may not have the ability to hear.

however i know the instant answer to this is they may not have the ability to see, but they'll be able to feel, and with no ability to see your other senses go into overtime.

You're one of them aren't you?
My ideas are best and you know it. Screw sentences, sending people would be best.
Quote by sfaune92

If Mass Effect is to be believed, then yes. They will all speak in North American accents as well.
Quote by Sparky-MMA

The ignorance burns my eyes. They probably won't speak any languages spoken on Earth. It's not like we sent a memo to the universe, "hey guys, if you could all learn our languages that'd be great. Thanks. "
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The bed would be a waste, since you'll be in low gravity.

Astronauts still have beds, they just have to strap themselves in.

If they just went to sleep floating around, surely they'd wake up every few minutes from slamming into a wall?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The Complete Works of Shakespeare
The Complete Works of JS Bach, recordings included
The Complete Works of The Beatles
Historical Photos
A TV
Quote by rabidguitarist

If they just went to sleep floating around, surely they'd wake up every few minutes from slamming into a wall?

What if they wrap the mattress around themselves???
Quote by Sparky-MMA

I said objects for a reason. It doesn't need to be translated and is incredibly telling.

For instance, i could send a chrome handgun with an engraved handle or something like that. It'd tell them that violence is glorified on earth, and they'd expect us to be a war faring race.

I could send up an f1 car or a video of someone sky diving to tell them that we're a mental race....Whatever etc etc

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by SeveralSpecies
What if they wrap the mattress around themselves???

But what if they shit themselves?

Actually, I'm not sure how that's relevant.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
i dont understand. just makes more sense than leading the aliens to believe the world revolves around the youngest country on earth. considering most Americans came from Spain, France and the UK. the guy who 'found' you're country was German...
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by rabidguitarist

Being strapped to a bed would not make for fun pillowfights, which is what I assume you're taking your girlfriend for. Pillowfights.
Quote by rabidguitarist
But what if they shit themselves?

Actually, I'm not sure how that's relevant.

That would suck, since there's probably not a bathroom in this capsule, and if you open the hatch, you die.
Page 1 of 3