I am currently playing live, practicing and recording a lot and so need a good quality guitar to act somewhat as a backup and i guess as an Equal to my Gibson SG.
Being left handed the choice is small and expensive.

I had looked at ESp's but the Eclipse II which i did like the look of, after playing a guitar of a similar shape dicided it was too different to be a good guitar to use with the SG.

So i have been looking at Jackson guitars, while i know they are of a good quality they are mega expensive and all left handed models have to be custom ordered which pushes prices up into the £2000 price range.

So i have been looking at Schecter, of which nearly all of their guitars are available in left handed.
However it's is not entirely clear to me which model of Schecter is of the highest quality.
What i'm really asking is which guitar should i be looking at for my guitar needs? I was looking at the Hellraiser Avenger or Hellraiser C-1. However with no Schecter experience i am not so sure.

Thanks
Sam.
What kind of music/genre/style do you play? Do looks matter to you? What is your price range?
Ibanez IJX121
Music ranges from the Punk music i play in the band to heavy metal pleasure playing.
Looks matter yes but they are not everything.
Price range is probably about £1000
I would suggest this, but this is stated in USD currency though, but you can find it in £ in other stores. This ibanez is extremely versatile and can play any genre you wish for it to play. There is nothing wrong with it, as I have played this myself. Stays in tune excellently once you change the rubbish strings on it. The neck feels great for metal.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1451-Prestige-Electric-Guitar?sku=584128
Ibanez IJX121
why dont you get a righthanded guitar and rearrange the strings like Jimi hendrix for example? looks pretty cool IMO
KON KON ^^
Not Left Handed. I already own an ibanez and do not like the pickups.
Can we stick to the companies i have already mentioned?
Quote by HowToKillAKing
Not Left Handed. I already own an ibanez and do not like the pickups.
Can we stick to the companies i have already mentioned?

Oh yeah, I forgot, I apologize. The Schecter HellRaiser C-1 looks good, the one you mentioned. It gets pretty versatile too. In fact, I have played it and it plays just great. I would highly recommend it.
Ibanez IJX121
Quote by HowToKillAKing
I am currently playing live, practicing and recording a lot and so need a good quality guitar to act somewhat as a backup and i guess as an Equal to my Gibson SG.
Being left handed the choice is small and expensive.

I had looked at ESp's but the Eclipse II which i did like the look of, after playing a guitar of a similar shape dicided it was too different to be a good guitar to use with the SG.

So i have been looking at Jackson guitars, while i know they are of a good quality they are mega expensive and all left handed models have to be custom ordered which pushes prices up into the £2000 price range.

So i have been looking at Schecter, of which nearly all of their guitars are available in left handed.
However it's is not entirely clear to me which model of Schecter is of the highest quality.
What i'm really asking is which guitar should i be looking at for my guitar needs? I was looking at the Hellraiser Avenger or Hellraiser C-1. However with no Schecter experience i am not so sure.

Thanks
Sam.

forget all those corporate, money-hungry monsters, get a Gaskell. http://www.gaskellguitars.com For left handed guitarists only. What can be wrong with that?
"So i have been looking at Jackson guitars, while i know they are of a good quality they are mega expensive and all left handed models have to be custom ordered"

This isn't true - or at least wasn't very recently. Jackson offer the DK2, RR1, RR1T, Soloist SL1 and SL2 in Lefty. None of these are custom shop models. The DK2L is around £480. Admittedly the others are quite pricey but you get one option that is significantly less than custom shop prices!

Have a look at:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Left

Also, check out Carvin guitars - they will build most things lefty and although they are custom builds don't charge stupid money.
I was looking at the Hellraiser Avenger or Hellraiser C-1.

The difference is just the body style. The Avenger has a pretty nutty body, which would probably attract more attention while playing live.