Well, after a search, my facial expressions went somewhat like this: at the shock of there not being a golf thread.

So...I made one.

This is a place to discuss golf, be it professional golf, golf that you play or tips on playing golf. You could also talk about your round, and maybe we can bring in a team of regulars. Some of us may be able to help with some of your problems, swing, grip, etc.

I've played golf casually for about 2 years, but, recently I've been playing more, as I got a membership. I'm fairly inconsistent, but on good days I can score about 98, for the entire round. I know, not very good, but I'm only 14.

GO.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I only recently began playing casually on the 4th of July. After about 2 weeks of picking up a club for the first time and practicing at a local driving range, I shot a 114 last Tuesday at a nearby course. My brother-in-law is a big golf fan and gave me his old pair of clubs when we went. It's very fun but also quite a challenge. I definitely need to improve though because I am sure there will be many business golf outings after I graduate college.
Golf's an excellent game. Unfortunately, being at uni with no car, money or time has meant I haven't played much in the last few years
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I like golfing video games, and watching golf games on the telly ... I just don't like playing it IRL
I love golf, I used to play quite frequently when my grandfather was alive, but since he died I really don't have anyone else to go with so I only get to play maybe twice a year... It's a real shame too since I was about a 6 handicap at 16.
I love golf. But unfortunately only play in the summer really, due to time and also lack of money.

I played a round today actually. Got 110 but could of easily of got under 100 if I hadn't made some silly mistakes.

Also, I hit the ball very high with basically all my clubs( except my putter ). Does anyone know why this might be?
Quote by guitar ben94
I love golf. But unfortunately only play in the summer really, due to time and also lack of money.

I played a round today actually. Got 110 but could of easily of got under 100 if I hadn't made some silly mistakes.

Also, I hit the ball very high with basically all my clubs( except my putter ). Does anyone know why this might be?

It's probably something to do with your stance or your teeing the ball to high.
Quote by guitar ben94

How far are you hitting it? If you're still getting good distance it really isnt a problem.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you...

The Band

Viva La Revolución!
Quote by So-Cal

Yeah, I agree. Or maybe you're opening out your club-face too much?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I have started to enjoy golf again. Trying to play at least once a week but my driving is terrible at the moment. I really need to get to the driving range and fix it.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
I have started to enjoy golf again. Trying to play at least once a week but my driving is terrible at the moment. I really need to get to the driving range and fix it.

Yeah, my driving has been poor recently. I'm trying to put too much power into them.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by So-Cal

I don't think I tee it too high. I suppose it could be something to do with my stance, but I don't know.

Quote by itsnotGreenDay
How far are you hitting it? If you're still getting good distance it really isnt a problem.

I get not to bad distance, but my shots look horrible and the wind often affects my shots a lot. I think my shots could get a lot better distance if they were lower.

Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Yeah, I agree. Or maybe you're opening out your club-face too much?

I suppose this could be it, but I don't know.

I might be playing on Friday so I'll try these things and see if they help.

Thanks.
HEY GUISE!

Guess where I'm working next week?

And guess which team I'll be looking after?
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Last edited by Argonaut at Sep 23, 2010,
i stole 100 balls from the golf couse down the road and hit them off the river bank by my house into the river
Just seen the setup on-course, and its beyond belief...
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF