so its been a long long time since ive been around here but its still the same
c4c, the better you give the better you get
and i wrote this awhile ago for a theory class but i enjoyed it so i figured why not make it better?
Attachments:
sovregnity.zip
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

c4c, the better you give the better you get

Wow, how... Subtle? If I wanted to have my shit commented I wouldn't sweet-talk somebody else just to hear some bullshit statement.

Well, it's metalcore, what more needs to be said? Wouldn't really call it epic, if by epic metalcore you mean a genre. Also congratulations on writing a breakdown, about as original as every other breakdown in every other *core song.
Quote by Ascendant
Wow, how... Subtle? If I wanted to have my shit commented I wouldn't sweet-talk somebody else just to hear some bullshit statement.

Well, it's metalcore, what more needs to be said? Wouldn't really call it epic, if by epic metalcore you mean a genre. Also congratulations on writing a breakdown, about as original as every other breakdown in every other *core song.

He meant that if you give an in-depth criticism, you will receive an in-depth criticism in return.

This piece had a good atmosphere to it and was pretty heavy in a few parts. However, it didn't have any real riffs, and the solos were just strings of eighth notes.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i didnt hear a solo 1? the concepts are nice with all the instruments you used, the solos were kinda bland and not diverse they were ok i guess, solo 4 was kinda bleh but it gets better at 106 the outro was good. i like the atmosphere of the music box, and glockenspiel ect.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
He meant that if you give an in-depth criticism, you will receive an in-depth criticism in return.

This piece had a good atmosphere to it and was pretty heavy in a few parts. However, it didn't have any real riffs, and the solos were just strings of eighth notes.

thanks for knowing what i meant even though i guess it did sound a little asshole-y

and it was written mostly as an atmospheric song for a school project, which i only received a b on lol but that was because i put the breakdown in there and ill admit the solos are of 0 quality, any good tips for better solos in those spots?

also either of you want any c4c back? or just being helpful
add more melody?
its not really something you can tell or teach people.
i myself like to add double leads that layer and do solo switching with humable melodies that go into faster shred stuff
Last edited by slayerfrk at Jul 26, 2010,
yeah i definitely know what you mean, idk its just my brain doesn't want to see or hear anything else there so im like totally stuck with those solos and riffs, like its just totally locked down as permanent sadly
This song was interesting. Not too core-y except in some places... It has almost a post rock style atmosphere, actually... Which I like a lot.

The intro with the celesta backing was really ethereal, which is nothing but a good thing. And the guitars fade in nicely/I really like the chords... It sorta... builds up. [in fact, the chords used throughout the song are really nice. Not terribly complicated, but they fill the atmosphere perfectly.]

I especially like the chorus/the epic high chords over the first chorus. Verse one and the prechorus were also really nice. They were quick so they didn't get old. And not too core-y again.

Now... the breakdown I really don't like. I think the song could actually just do without that. Even the solos aren't that memorable. Solo 3 is where it gets back to being good.

But I do notice the bass. I really, really like the bass throughout the song. It's very nice/not invasive, but still adventurous. And the bass solo was cool. Not something you see often.

And then the final chorus/solo rolls around... Which is good. I like how it builds up/involves all the keys and such. That's pretty cool. and the ending is really nice too. Ties everything off nicely.

On the whole, not really my style. But not too bad. But still not a whole lot to improve on.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"