I am looking at buying a Schecter to use alongside my Gibson SG.
I would be using it for Live Performances, writing and Recording.

I am left handed which adds sa small complication but Schecter have nearly all of their guitars available in left handed.
As i have no previous experience with the brand i don't know which model is the best? or of at least a high quality compared to their starter level guitars.

These two are ones i like the look of and look of a high quality but as i say i am not sure. Opinions?

Hellraiser Avenger
Hellraser C-1
Both are viewable in the guitar section under Hellraiser.
No direct link to specs page.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/international.asp

Thanks.
Sam.
Last edited by HowToKillAKing at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by HowToKillAKing
I am looking at buying a Schecter to use alongside my Gibson SG.
I would be using it for Live Performances, writing and Recording.

I am left handed which adds sa small complication but Schecter have nearly all of their guitars available in left handed.
As i have no previous experience with the brand i don't know which model is the best? or of at least a high quality compared to their starter level guitars.

These two are ones i like the look of and look of a high quality but as i say i am not sure. Opinions?

Hellraiser Avenger:

Hellraser C-1:

Thanks.
Sam.

i had a C-1 hellraiser in black cherry, very nice guitar for the price. I had no issues with mine at all.
I own a C-1 Hellraiser FR.
Sounds great, plays really well and with the right tweaking can be suprisingly versitile.
I've found if you look after them they're great.
I've asked this question on the forums before and had great positive responses. Schecter really do give you more than what you pay for. The Damien and hellraiser's are good guitars. The C-1 Hellraiser is a really good guitar and the floyd is pretty good as well if you get a FR
The Blackjack or Blackjack ATX are probably their best models

ATX is Active.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Just remember when posting links i am left handed ;P

But thanks, i have dealt with GAK before they're really good.
Hellraiser's are immense. Blackjacks have SD Blackouts, which arent half bad, but the Hellraiser's EMGs completely own the Blackouts. They're incredibly great quality at an excellent price, no wonder Jeff Loomis of Nevermore used a Hellraiser C-7 for 10 or so years before he got his signature model.
And by the way, check Thomann before GAK. GAK have messed up my orders so many times before I just cant be bothered to deal with them any more.
I own a C-7 Hellraiser. Had to set it up a little after buy, but now it plays perfect - no issues, great tone, lovely looks. Schecter is a great brand, don't be afraid of the "Made in South Korea" thingie
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT