So as some of you know I just picked up a CM2 used off Ebay, and I am having some issues with it. I created another thread so I can add some things, and hopefully get new feedback,

So When I push the button to make it go into bypass mode, it will go off, but only when I am holding it down. When I release it goes back and does not stay off. I recorded a video of what happens. Watch here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KegnfLztcEQ

I AM NOT POSTING THIS TO GET VIEWS. I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP.

That shows that the light goes off when I hold it down, and does not stay off. I opened up to the inside and pushed the little button.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Also, I deleted the other thread.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 26, 2010,
Did the seller offer any kind of return policy? It's not too uncommon, and if they did, I would definitely contact him/her to ask about returning it for a refund. Of course, this assumes the auction stated that the pedal was in working order.

As an eBay seller myself, I would do whatever I could to make it right, and I think a lot of sellers are like me and value their good reputation. So it's worth a try.

I'm not too familiar with the way those pedals work, but it almost looks as if the button has gone from being a locking switch to a momentary one. It might be possible to replace that part. Have you ever used a soldering iron?

Edit: Also, are you still having those noise problems you described in the other thread? That seems indicative of more problems with the pedal that probably wouldn't be fixed by replacing the switch.

Edit 2: I just took a look at my Hardwire chorus and that button looks to be a very common and cheap push-button switch. They're something like 5 for a dollar. But it's much more likely that it's triggering a relay or something else inside there. Short answer is that it may be possible to fix yourself but if you're getting other noise problems as well, it's probably screwed.
Last edited by DManTech at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by DManTech
Did the seller offer any kind of return policy? It's not too uncommon, and if they did, I would definitely contact him/her to ask about returning it for a refund. Of course, this assumes the auction stated that the pedal was in working order.

As an eBay seller myself, I would do whatever I could to make it right, and I think a lot of sellers are like me and value their good reputation. So it's worth a try.

I'm not too familiar with the way those pedals work, but it almost looks as if the button has gone from being a locking switch to a momentary one. It might be possible to replace that part. Have you ever used a soldering iron?

Edit: Also, are you still having those noise problems you described in the other thread? That seems indicative of more problems with the pedal that probably wouldn't be fixed by replacing the switch.

I contacted the seller saying, its not working, you said it did, you said you wanted to keep 100% feedback, so what are you going to do to help me. And the auction said 2 hours use, almost new, great working condition or something along those lines.

And I have not used a soldering iron, I don't really intend to yet, I will next year cause I learn it in school, but not now. I dont even think my family has one.

And naw, the noise isn't an issue anymore. It was my wall jack.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Yes, in that case, I think talking to the seller is your best bet. Give him a few days to answer and if you don't hear anything, I believe eBay and Paypal have some ways to resolve problems such as this.
Quote by mmolteratx
Are you using a 9V adapter now?

It still dosen't run it. Im not too familiar with the adapters and such, but its 9V OUTPUT right? Not input?

EDIT: My adapter Im using says :

KTec AC Adaptor
Class 2 Transformer
Model- blah
Input 120V AC 60Hz
Output: 12V AC 500mA
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 26, 2010,
The pedal requires a 9V input source. Your wall outlet supplies 110V/220V (depending on what country you live in) to the wall adapter, which converts down to 9V for the pedal. If your pedal does not run on 9V, there is something very wrong.
Yea, the adapter should be 120V input and 9V output. There should also be a logo on it that looks like the top one of these.

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Its center negative. Does that mean anything? The pedal is anyways.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Yes, they should match between the pedal and the wall adapter.
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender American Special Strat
Assorted Boss and Hardwire pedals
Vox AC15C1
Quote by DManTech
Yes, they should match between the pedal and the wall adapter.

That makes sense then because the 9V Im using and the pedal have opposite ones. The 9v adapter has positive.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Well, at least you know the reverse polarity diode is holding up. If it didn't your pedal would be fried. But that could be the problem with it turning off. Do not use a reverse polarity adapter, period. Go buy some batteries.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by holycow
try using a 9v battery

Could tihs ACTUALLY fix my problem?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
It's possible. Why not just try it? You can go to Walgreens and get two for a dollar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Yes, compared with using a wall adapter with incorrect polarity.
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC15C1
Quote by mmolteratx
It's possible. Why not just try it? You can go to Walgreens and get two for a dollar.

Ill get on that, thanks guys. Ill let you know if it works or not.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
So the battery I tried worked! Man do I feel stupid. The battery I used before must have been dead. Thank you guys for your replies and time.

One last question though, does the wah pedal go in first in the line or does it go after the CM2?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
So the battery I tried worked! Man do I feel stupid. The battery I used before must have been dead. Thank you guys for your replies and time.

One last question though, does the wah pedal go in first in the line or does it go after the CM2?

depends what sound you're going for. I find that you get a smoother, fatter sound with your wah wah first in the chain. but if you like a really snarly, raspy wah wah sound, put it after the CM-2.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Glad it works! If you don't want to run through batteries, you might try finding a power adapter that matches the pedal. Hard to say whether you fried something in the 9V wall input section but it's unlikely. I bet if you get the correct power adapter it'd work fine.

The battery will of course work too, if you want to go that route.

As for what order to put them in, yeah, just try it both ways and see what you like better.
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC15C1
Quote by DManTech
Glad it works! If you don't want to run through batteries, you might try finding a power adapter that matches the pedal. Hard to say whether you fried something in the 9V wall input section but it's unlikely. I bet if you get the correct power adapter it'd work fine.

The battery will of course work too, if you want to go that route.

As for what order to put them in, yeah, just try it both ways and see what you like better.

Thanks man, and I just thought there was a particular order for it or something.

I guess I will just purchase the reccomended power source that it says a little down the road...after I buy a ukulele haha
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!