Well i thought i was getting the perfect guitar... But i have some regrets in mind that i rushed through the whole thing and just picked up a guitar off a stand and just bought it the second i saw it. The guitar isn't getting the sound i want and i might want to swap it for another because i thought i just paid too much for it. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe But its past the 30 day period
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Jul 26, 2010,
A'it.

EDIT: Yes, like the guy below me said. Shit guitars can sound good though good amps but any guitars will sound bad though a bad amp.

EDIT2: Salgala is right. Carvin customs are the best custom guitars. You get them for up to 4 times less then you would if it were a retail guitar
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 26, 2010,
Funny thing about Gibson...they tend to have a fairly mediocre sound for the price. its all marketing really...

Take it back to the store see if you can get a refund. or a swap.
You're not asking a question, you're not prompting a discussion... what do you want?

sex drugs & rock n' roll
Hmm...there's a reason I don't buy Gibsons. Oh, yeah, this is why. They sound like shit for the price. Get a refund, TS.
what amp do u have? if u got a cheap shit amp, it's going to sound bad nomatter what guitar u use.

If u really dont like the guitar, swap it if u can. What type of music do u play? we can suggest u some guitars.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by BabyWantABottle
You're not asking a question, you're not prompting a discussion... what do you want?

sex drugs & rock n' roll

I'm asking if i should swap it
Quote by holycow
what amp do u have? if u got a cheap shit amp, it's going to sound bad nomatter what guitar u use.

If u really dont like the guitar, swap it if u can. What type of music do u play? we can suggest u some guitars.

I play anything from metallica to led zeppelin
mostly metal
Do you even have an amp??? I'm sure there are about 3 "what amp do you have" questions here and you eluded em.
Quote by Zeletros
Do you even have an amp??? I'm sure there are about 3 "what amp do you have" questions here and you eluded em.

I have a Marshall MG15FX but i'm expecting a Mesa soon as i said before
Quote by SilverRock113
I'm expecting a mesa hopefully soon

Ok, thats good. What amp are you playing through currently?

EDIT: You really should try your guitar though another amp to see if you like the sound or not. Marshall MG's are what we at UG call "Ughhfacepalm".
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by SilverRock113
I have a Marshall MG15FX but i'm expecting a Mesa soon as i said before

There's your problem.
check out these
ESP LTD ec-1000 with duncans (Les paul style but has a lighter body and thinner neck than Gibsons)
ESP LTD mh-1000-nt

EDIT: the Marshall MG is definately the problem. when will u get the Mesa?
But i still think u should swap the guitar as there are better guitars for metal.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Last edited by holycow at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by holycow
check out these
ESP LTD ec-1000 with duncans (Les paul style but has a lighter body and thinner neck than Gibsons)
ESP LTD mh-1000-nt

EDIT: the Marshall MG is definately the problem. when will u get the Mesa?
But i still think u should swap the guitar as there are better guitars for metal.

Yes, there are better guitars for metal, but this is Led Z. to Metallica. LP's sound like a great way to go.
Quote by korinaflyingv
silly kids these days will recommend EMG's for everything that isnt blues
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
That Gibson will probably sound better through a Mesa than an MG... I wouldn't get rid of that guitar just yet.

You can get almost any tone imaginable from a Gibson LP, if you EQ the amp right and use the tone knobs.