Page 1 of 5
WE COULD be living inside a black hole. This head-spinning idea is one cosmologist's conclusion based on a modification of Einstein's equations of general relativity that changes our picture of what happens at the core of a black hole.

In an analysis of the motion of particles entering a black hole, published in March, Nikodem Poplawski of Indiana University in Bloomington showed that inside each black hole there could exist another universe (Physics Letters B, DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2010.03.029). "Maybe the huge black holes at the centre of the Milky Way and other galaxies are bridges to different universes," Poplawski says. If that is correct - and it's a big "if" - there is nothing to rule out our universe itself being inside a black hole.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727703.000-every-black-hole-may-hold-a-hidden-universe.html

It's unverified as the rest of the article will tell you but if it was verified: Mind = blown. Thougts?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Has anyone ever attampted to go inside a black hole?I'd volunteer to do that.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
The me in the black hole keeping this galaxy together already told me about this.

Seriously though, old news. Granted I have a family member who's life revolves around space, so I probably hear all this crap before most people, but I think it was on Through The Wormhole too.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

'fraid that's not quite how it works.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I thought that everyone knew that they might have a hidden universe?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I don't trust anyone modifying Einstein's equations.
Maybe just Hillbert, but he was an asshole and he's dead.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

I volunteer you to be thrown in a black hole as well.
A blackhole is an inter dimensional portal that leads into nothing. basically you die. You must be thinking of a worm hole?
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Well, we are way too far from one to even attempt sending a probe into or near one.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Nah, I think they're too far away to even try. But if some did try, they would be crushed to death before even inside the black hole.
Quote by damian_91
I don't trust anyone modifying Einstein's equations.
Maybe just Hillbert, but he was an asshole and he's dead.

Yeah well if he's so smart, howcome he's dead?
Honestly not really surprised. It's a little less strange than some of those other multiverse theories.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I dont even try to comprehend this stuff. I just go, "Oh okay Mr. Hawking."
My feelings towards them are inevitably a mix of confusion, acceptance that i'll never get it, and annoyance that the worlds greatest minds are thinking about stuff that doesnt directly help me. Those selfish bastards.
...In my opinion.
How far is the closest black hole to earth?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
This is news to me. I've never heard it before. That's a really interesting thought. I just hope I live to see the day that all the secrets of space are discovered and time and/or space travel becomes realistic. Probably extremely unlikely. We're a ways away from doing all of that.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I volunteer you to be thrown in a black hole as well.

Quote by Kensai
Yeah well if he's so smart, howcome he's dead?

He's not dead, he just

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by zakarai
A blackhole is an inter dimensional portal that leads into nothing. basically you die. You must be thinking of a worm hole?

No, it really isn't.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

A blackhole is like a huge sun, It has its own gravitational system except instead of keeping balance, it pulls you in. Theory suggests the sun with implode with an impact so huge, it will turn into a dead star (blackhole) and suck everything into nothing in the solar system. Basically if your in the blackholes gravitational system, there is no chance of escape.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Too far to reach until we can utilise black holes to initiate warp speed. We need to implode the sun.
...In my opinion.
Wow, I don't care.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
dude ive been thinking this for a while now. not so much a universe but something. light is gone so we cant tell whats in there, nor has anyone ever been there to try. i think something has to be in there.

PSN: reldask
Quote by Benjibum2nd
Too far to reach until we can utilise black holes to initiate warp speed. We need to implode the sun.

So we need to move to a different universe in order to reach the black hole?
That sucks.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Wait. Einstein is a carrot now?

All great scientists die just to turn into carrots.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by damian_91
He's not dead, he just

He's a carrot cake? That sly bastard.
Unfortunately, I probably won't be alive by the time we unlock the mysteries of space. Oh well, I guess this is the best I'll get for now. It certainly is an interesting idea, though.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So we need to move to a different universe in order to reach the black hole?
That sucks.

Yes, and no. You have much to learn my son.
First lesson: When discussing physics of this complexity, no one on the random section of a guitar forum knows the slightest bit about what they are talking about. I suggest carrots like that chap up there.
...In my opinion.
Quote by damian_91
All great scientists die just to turn into carrots.

THAT'S why their hair is so crazy!
Quote by zakarai
A blackhole is like a huge sun, It has its own gravitational system except instead of keeping balance, it pulls you in. Theory suggests the sun with implode with an impact so huge, it will turn into a dead star (blackhole) and suck everything into nothing in the solar system. Basically if your in the blackholes gravitational system, there is no chance of escape.

Actually the sun will expand into a Red giant (engulfing Earth) and then into a white dwarf. Also a black hole will not 'suck' in a planet unless it passes a certain point (the event horizon).

EDIT:

Quote by Kensai
He's a carrot cake? That sly bastard.

Obviously he is now a wooden table where people just place carrots on him.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Last edited by rock.freak667 at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by zakarai

i love how you use the sun as if its so big. black holes can be up to 10^9 the mass of the sun. and also you can escape the gravitational pull of a black hole. if you come at the right angle you can use the pull of the black hole to stay in orbit for years and even exit the gravitational field.

Last edited by reldask at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

I've been in lots of them.
Quote by Benjibum2nd
First lesson: When discussing physics of this complexity, no one on the random section of a guitar forum knows the slightest bit about what they are talking about. I suggest carrots like that chap up there.

There are no astrophysicists in UG, I'm sure.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
THAT'S why their hair is so crazy!

Oh god, consequences will definitely never be the same after this.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Last edited by damian_91 at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by rock.freak667
Actually the sun will expand into a Red giant (engulfing Earth) and then into a white dwarf. Also a black hole will not 'suck' in a planet unless it passes a certain point (the event horizon).

This. Which scientists concluded won't happen for about another 5 billion years.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by zakarai

Sorry, I really don't know where you've been reading about physics, but I suggest you find a different source.

Quote by Benjibum2nd

Yep.

Maybe there are a couple, but most people on here who act like they know what they're talking about really don't.

I'm not going to pretend I know much about the subject... just a little. Enough to know whether what I'm reading is total bollocks, at least.
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

How would you get there? How would you get past the accertion disc with out being disintegrated, ionized and liquified at the same time?
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by Dirge Humani
I don't really care what is inside a black hole, because there is no way we can ever know what is inside a black hole.

...Potential shoop thread?
Page 1 of 5